• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W202 -raid Maxflow Carbon Induction Kit

rhymneyboy

Car
Vito 110 CDi - W638
Hi all

I'm considering the above RAID HP induction kit for my W202 C200 Sport (1997).

It's a universal kit, and I need to know what the diameter is of the inlet - either 60, 65, 70, or 75mm.

Does anyone know?

Also, does anyone have any experiences of this filter?

cheers

Why don't you measure the inlet.

Most induction kits don't actually make any difference to performance and sound cr4p.

The inlet air temps are often increased with induction kits actually reducing power.

Your are best off with a direct replacement panel filter.

A panel filter is more worthwile.

The induction kit is ok if you have a saxo. It looks tacky on an MB

Cheers. I had a K&N panel filter on my previous CLK, and it did the job.

I'm sold. Now which one? OMP, Pipercross, Raid HP? Decisions.

I'm off to do some investigations!

If you modify your MB think class not tacky and you will not go wrong.

If your car has a MAF sensor avoid a K&N, they leach oil and kill the sensor. Apparently Green Coton filters are Ok.

Thanks for the advice - that's good to know.

Cheers!

GRAV888 has the green cotton filters on his 55

I have a green cotton on mine (c240), does make a difference. Engine feels freer on kickdown, and as mentioned retains underbonnet class. No growly noises, however - this is a bonus or a gutter for some ;)

Just remember though ALL free flow filters allow more dust into the engine.

even with a carbon surrond , your engine heat will decrease performance, unless you have a cool air source being forced into the filter. In my RS Turbo days we used to make up a piece od pipework from the bottom of the front bumper to the air filter which worked ok, but i would do this on the MB.

If this is something you are interested in I see discount warehouse 'JTF' in Leeds are selling the Max Power universal Induction filters for about 7 quid.

Normally in the K&N kits they come with a silver flexible hose with which you can install to draw cold air from under the car and direct it towards the filter. I would suggest the more cold air you can get in, the better. Just don't drive through any floods.

They make a slightly better noise and I suppose it's personal preference.

I also assume it will make your insurance go up a bit too.

Ian

I'd avoid induction kits on any standard(ish) car. On my old Mitsi Evo, I had it tuned to 350bhp, and when I added an HKS induction kit, I lost power and throttle response, plus it sounded like Darth Vadar was under the bonnet when you accelerated! It had a cold air feed etc but I took it off after a week or so. Stick with a panel filter if you really want to change it, but you really won't notice any difference in performance over a standard filter. You'll maybe gain 1 - 2 bhp, no more.

You'll maybe gain 1 - 2 bhp, no more.

You can get more than that by simply using a higher octance fuel like V-Power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom