W202 Workshop Manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex Argent

Car
E250 CDi Sport Auto
Hi All
This is my first posting on this forum although I have been an avid reader for the past few months. Some very interesting stuff!
Unfortunately, my posting isn't. I have a 1998 (facelift) C240 Auto with 92k on the clock. Since acquiring this vehicle in July this year, it's going like a dream and I must say I am very impressed (after a company BMW 520).
However, for love nor money, I cannot find a workshop manual for this model. Haynes do one for the W202 but it does not cover the C240 or C280. Anyone of you bright sparks out there know of any other publishers? Alternatively, if anyone is able and willing to copy what they have already, then I'd gladly donate a few beers for the favour.
Thanks to you all in anticipation!
Regards,
Alex

Welcome to the forum Alex :D

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that covers the V6 W202's either, if I do then I'll keep you posted.

S.

i was surfing the mercedeshop.com site-(U.S based merc website)

i saw they had cd versions available from merc usa for 100 us dollars.

you might find one there,and agree there is no uk c240 haynes manual .

try the following link-www.mercedestechstore.com/w202.htm

Last edited:
Originally posted by SPS
i was surfing the mercedeshop.com site-(U.S based merc website)

i saw they had cd versions available from merc usa for 95 us dollars but this is only for techs in the u.s..

you might find one there,and agree there is no uk c240 haynes manual .

try the following link-www.mercedestechstore.com/w202.htm

Unfortunately the W202 C240 was never available in the US, so they wouldn't have anything that covers this model specifically, though alot of the C280 stuff would be relevant.

S.

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.
I checked out the U.S. website, but as Steve says, nothing specifically on the C240.
I will also keep searching and should I find anything, then I'll obviously keep you posted (no pun intended!).
The next service is due in approximately 4k miles, and the local MB stealership (very appropriate terminology I have acquired on this same site), has a fixed menu price of £169 incl VAT for the 'A' service, which actually seems very reasonable to me. The stealership reputation begins to kick in on the 'B' service at £319 (incl) plus any additional work at labour costs of £55.00 p.h., hence the requirement for a workshop manual!
Oh well, the joys of owning a Merc I suppose :D
Thanks again for your help to-date.
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom