W203 C180k coupe engine management light on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roheel

Hi guys,

Today when driving the car the management light came on and will not go out. Car is running fine. Any ideas?

Car has been idling high sometimes when stand still once warmed up and at traffic lights, but if you put the car to biting point it's settles back.

The car is the 1.8 coupe with super charger.

Thanks

Roheel

Best bet to have the codes read using STAR or other ODB2 code reader...

Normally you would read the error code, then reset it, then see if it comes back.

If you don't want to pay garage money you can buy a low-cost code reader, but keep in mind that reading the code is only the first step towards diagnosing the problem - the error code itself does not always point to the failed component.

But it's difficult to say what it might be - could be anything really from bad petrol, a failed sensor, to a perished vacuum hose.

I've been reading about the hose under the air filter box, could it be that?

roheel said:
I've been reading about the hose under the air filter box, could it be that?

Hi, could be air mass meter. To some extent yr cable wire harness might be the culprit as I've faced the problem before. To be sure, get it diagnosed soon. Hope it helps.

I'm not loosing any power though. Would te air mass meter still do this? Can't get to a mechanic for a few weeks due to work. Where is the wire harness located?

Is the hose easy to get to? Can I check and change myself?

Check the top breather hose. Pop the front air intake duct off and you will see a breather hose running across near the front. Have a feel with you fingers and you might feel a split.

The whole airbox needs to come off to replace this pipe, but sometimes the lower pipe or valve can be split. The inlet manifold and supercharger have to be removed to replace this one :eek:

If the top hose feels and looks ok, get it on a Star machine and read the fault codes first :thumb:

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna cost me a lot of money.........

is there oil in the engine wireing loom

How can I check that?

If I called the AA out saying its come on, would they come out to check?

Had the car read on STAR and a fault came up with one of the lambda sensors. They cleared it and fully checked both sensors, did a CAT test and checked all hoses including the one under the airbox. All are perfect and the light has not returned. Indy said it could be some bad fuel has gone through and triggered the sensor but should be fine now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom