W203 HALOGEN headlamp: prefacelift VS. facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Car
W203 C270 cdi
As per title, I refer to alogen not xeno.
I'm wondering to install the clear projector headlamp of the facelift W203 into my 2003 sedan.

A part any aspect related to the nicer look, is it also an improovement in term of more light?

Please don't suggest me the xeno:D

Thanks a lot

PS: does someone know how much I'll spend for this mod? more or less:)

A part any aspect related to the nicer look, is it also an improovement in term of more light?
While technically it's the same bulbs in use you might get a different light output from the headlamps. Try looking up a comparison between reflector and projector headlamps. Reflector headlamps are brighter to look at (both are the same directly), projector headlamps have a sharper cut-off to the light.
Please don't suggest me the xeno:D
IMHO it's not worth spending the money to upgrade to the facelift headlamps when the xenons are not much more (can't give you exact figures though).

While technically it's the same bulbs in use you might get a different light output from the headlamps. Try looking up a comparison between reflector and projector headlamps. Reflector headlamps are brighter to look at (both are the same directly), projector headlamps have a sharper cut-off to the light.

IMHO it's not worth spending the money to upgrade to the facelift headlamps when the xenons are not much more (can't give you exact figures though).

OK but thing that to be in compliance with rules here in Italy (may be the same for you UK Guys) I need the headlamp washer and the self levelling beam that are installed from factory if the car is equipped with xeno, I miss them:rolleyes:

Mine being a prefacelift W203 come with reflector isnt'it?

I've upgraded from the pre-facelift frosted halogen to the facelifted halogen lights. I don't believe that they are projector lights but they do have a clear lense. Looks much fresher and cleaner in my opinion.

Yes the rules in the UK are the same as for you in Italy. I also wanted a proper retrofit and retrofitting the Self levelling function apparently is £££'s or many EU's...

My car does have headlamp washers however as much as I like Xenon lights I wouldn't do this mod unless I could get it installed as completely original. In my view the automatic self levelling is vital.

I've upgraded from the pre-facelift frosted halogen to the facelifted halogen lights. I don't believe that they are projector lights but they do have a clear lense. Looks much fresher and cleaner in my opinion.

Yes the rules in the UK are the same as for you in Italy. I also wanted a proper retrofit and retrofitting the Self levelling function apparently is £££'s or many EU's...

My car does have headlamp washers however as much as I like Xenon lights I wouldn't do this mod unless I could get it installed as completely original. In my view the automatic self levelling is vital.

that's so intersting thanks!

Have you purchased the facelifted halogel light from e-bay or branded new from the dealership r other car shop?

How much, more or less, do I have to spend:)

Please could you note more light on the road?

Bulbs are all the same H7 isnt'it high and low beam same of frosted look?

that's so intersting thanks!

Have you purchased the facelifted halogel light from e-bay or branded new from the dealership r other car shop?

How much, more or less, do I have to spend:)

Please could you note more light on the road?

Bulbs are all the same H7 isnt'it high and low beam same of frosted look?

I got the lights from Ebay, however I ended up buying three sets in the end. I've had one or two with broken mouting tabs despite the sellers saying they were in tact. No problem as I managed to re sell the other onese for a higher price :devil:

I notice that I do get more light on the road with the facelift lights. The previous lights were awful.

Yes IIRC the bulbs are exactly the same as the pre-facelift. Think they are H7.

Hope this helps...

Ok perfect!

After winter tyres may be I'll start looking around for this.

I've seen your galley and the new look is really nice

Facelift W203 halogen lights are not projectors (apart from the Xenons !)

I find the light output pretty good though, compared to other halogens. Will be uprating the bulbs at some point soon.

S.

should be an easy swap, plug and play isnt'it A-AvantGarde?

How much did you spend at that time?

Yes it is plug and play, however the bumper needs to be removed to fit the headlights. Some people have managed to change them without removing the bumper fully, just loosening it. I had mine changed when I had the AMG bumper fitted.

Can't remember how much the lights were, tink it was about £120 for a pair...

That sounds a good price, I thought they were nearer £120 each? Front bumper does need detatching to do the job properly though not necessarily come completely off, you can loosen one side, fit the lamp, and then do the other side apparently.

That sounds a good price, I thought they were nearer £120 each? Front bumper does need detatching to do the job properly though not necessarily come completely off, you can loosen one side, fit the lamp, and then do the other side apparently.

You're right I think they may even be more like £150 each, got mine of ebay!

Yes I've seen ones very similar to these on ebay and wondered what they would be like. They certainly look quite nice, anyone got these fitted out of interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom