W204 C63 question..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just another thought it could well be you need new transmission mounts/engine mounts. As these high performance cars do go through mounts at quite a pace.

I had mine replaced not long after I purchased my E63 with the MCT transmission. Made a world of difference.

This transmission is by no means jerky at all, not in my experiences. The 7g 7 speed I had in my 350cls. Was a little jerky when cold especially from 2nd to 1st.

But if anything this transmission is like butter the MCT 7g. I also find it plenty quick enough in the s s+ and m modes. C mode is perfecto for Miss Daisying around in, in my opinion

Ill have to have a look at this. I think im just getting used to the gearbox to be honest. The ZF I had in my BMW M135i was the best gearbox iv ever come across whereas this feels ancient in comparison and nowhere near as smooth....

I bet it didn't sound half as good though ;)

Thanks for the reply guys, I think it maybe the traction control kicking in a little bit....would that cause that slight judder/jerkiness from standing start? The ZF 8 speed was so smooth in the M135i....maybe I’m getting used to it, Once it gets going it’s so smooth

Turn the TC off & see if it makes any difference. Mine doesn't jerk in comfort mode at all BUT there is a slight delay when it's cold when I reverse off my drive & select D, only the initial pulling away though, after that no delay at all.

Can't see how traction control on would cause this issue. As traction on only aids a smoother delivery.

As said you often get a very slight hesitant engagement in c mode from a standstill. But harshness or jerkyness no way. Sounds to me like mounts all the way.

Can't see how traction control on would cause this issue. As traction on only aids a smoother delivery.

As said you often get a very slight hesitant engagement in c mode from a standstill. But harshness or jerkyness no way. Sounds to me like mounts all the way.

Would that have come up on the MOT as it passed it last week?

Out of interest how much would new transmission mounts be fitted

Had tranny and engine mounts replaced at about £350.00 I have my invoice about in my history folder but it was around that cost

Had tranny and engine mounts replaced at about £350.00 I have my invoice about in my history folder but it was around that cost

It may not even be that....I think I’m just going to enjoy the car and stop worrying. I only got it Wednesday night lol

Enjoy it 100% percent.

Mounts usually need replacing around the 60k mark. Worth having it checked out ;)

Can't say i've experienced this.

Infact i find the comfort mode in the c63 amazing. I often waft in traffic and forget im in a C63 thats how smooth it is!

Might be worth checking the S/H to see when its had its transmission changes. I would of expected the car being 8 years old now it would of had once very recently. AFAIK its every 4 years or 40k.
Hey. Seen your post on your car for sale. As I just signed up it won’t let me PM you. I am interested in your vehicle for sale

I haven’t got a car for sale?

Think he meant me lol.

Hey. Seen your post on your car for sale. As I just signed up it won’t let me PM you. I am interested in your vehicle for sale

Sorry i am unable to post my mob number as per the classified section rules!

You can only message pepople after 30 days after registering. Maybe you have a friend on the forum who can contact me?

I’m m going to get it looked at under warranty. It’s definitely not smooth as silk, for example pulling out of a junction or driving about a car park, it feels a bit jerky. Once you get the power down the thing flies but at low speeds I feel something isn’t quite right....

Plus not sure if I heard a slight grinding noise today as well....

I may get it looked at...if its simply transmission mounts id just pay to get it done outside of warranty...

Sorry i am unable to post my mob number as per the classified section rules!

Add your email address to your advert :D

Reactions: AMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom