W205 AMG compression problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Woza,

Car's back, but I haven't even looked at it.

I guess I'm a little sore over the whole sager. I still haven't had any sort of apology or even a response from MB, not even from the dealer!!!

I won't be back, that's for sure.

I might take it out at the weekend. See if the acceleration will bring back a smile.

Let us know how you get on with yours. I'll be very interested to know how long it takes for your coil packs to be programmed and delivered.

Thanks

W.

Hi Woza,

Let us know how you get on with yours. I'll be very interested to know how long it takes for your coil packs to be programmed and delivered.

Thanks

W.

Oh dear..

Not sure this is going to help your mood - I've just had a call from my dealer to say the parts have arrived and they are hoping to turn it around asap for me.

What the hell was your dealer playing at?!

M

Good question.

So not only have you got the parts in a few days as opposed to 3 weeks, your dealer has called you every step of the way.

Hi,

Just to conclude this post, I received a cheque from MB for one month's rental, the month they had the car. Unreserved apologies all round, even from Germany and the franchise CEO.

My problem was with two coil packs, compounded my the road-side assistance man had fiddled and not pressed them in hard enough, causing an intermittent fault.

Also MB Germany put a hold on the ordering of coil packs, suggesting they had discovered a fault with them.

Regarding the loan (hire) car. It should have been an MB of similar (erm) class, and not a Vauxhall. There are two type of hire (can't recall the names), but essentially, the 3-day rule applies to quick fixes like broken glass, whereas the other type is indefinite - until one gets their car back. This is what MB rescue and Europcar failed to tell me.

I'm not 100% sure I will buy another car from this particular dealer. I'll see what level of service I get when the car goes in for its first service next summer.

Thanks to all those who commented.

W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom