W205 C Class Rear Door Handle Led..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteTheOldGit

Car
Merc C200 AMG 2014 W205
Got rear door handle led gone down. Part is cheap enough from Merc about £15.00. Wondering if anyone changed one before, I know its door casing off but not sure from there, found on the web that someone mentioned two rivets needing removing from handle, if that's the case I'll walk away from it, YouTube inconclusive as only got the old two piece handle instead of the one piece, annoying how such a little led can cause so much hassle, looks really odd thou not working when the rest of the car lights up like a xmas tree..

I changed mine myself on the rear with the aid of a video on you tube, but likes the video has gone now.
It is a big job and will be the hardest bulb you change in your life if you try, as you have to remove door card, internal door window regulator housing and regulator, exterior door handle, exterior door handle skelton frame frame and door lock.

If not confident I would not attempt it and get someone to do it for you, as you are removing the whole insides of the door and then in a tight space having to refit it all and hope it will all fit back and work again.

I have never seen anything like it to just change a bulb, to top it all I had the same Bulb go again 6 months after changing so had to do it all again.

If you decide to do it yourself note you DO NOT REMOVE THE RIVET. Also you will need a T20 and T25 Tork screw driver.

Here’s video for removing the door card.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers for that, had a feeling it was a nightmare so glad u came forward before I ended up poo street..

I've got one out, and it can stay out. What a stupid design! There should be a pop off panel under the door handle to get to it. Crackers to make it so complicated.

Some people have mentioned having to drill rivets out mate,glass out ect,is this right mate? I've got the leds but wanted to find out how first before I have bits everywhere lol

Some people have mentioned having to drill rivets out mate,glass out ect,is this right mate? I've got the leds but wanted to find out how first before I have bits everywhere lol

I got a Tech I know to do it , took him about an hour and never took any rivets out. Reckons he can do it quicker now hes done it once. He's switched on thou so that's why I got him to do it. Said its fiddly but no great hardship.

Take it to a dealer and moan....Ask for goodwill...I got mine done out of warranty £60ish
Now that's a great idea!!! They wanted nearly 250 a door or 750!!! For 3 lol

If the bulb is part of the handle possible this may help

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Take it to a dealer and moan....Ask for goodwill...I got mine done out of warranty £60ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom