• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 Drivers Leather Seat Cushion Removal

AndyKO

Car
W211 E270 CDI
Hi all,

Have any of you removed the leather cover on the drivers seat 'butt' cushion before?

I've found a clean slice in the leather I am going to repair and was wondering if any of you have ever removed these, if you have then do you have any tips please guys before I start to butcher the car?

Thanks,

Andy

Yes, I have as I fitted a replacement cover to mine due to the bolster on the cover cracking and splitting. You will need to remove the seat from the car to be able to remove the cover. You need to disconnect the negative lead from the main battery in the boot before doing the work.

Removal of the seat is fairly straight forward (four bolts inside the car) and unplugging the leads under the seat, you will need a large star drive to undo the seatbelt to allow for complete removal, the seats themselves are also unsurprisingly on the heavy side, it is well worth covering the sills to avoid damage when removing the seat at this point.

The pocket on the front of the seat is pop riveted on, so to allow for removing / re-fitting the cover properly this needs to be drilled off and re-fitted with new pop-rivets (long ones).

The foam underneath the cover is likely to have perished in some way also (splitting etc) so its worth having something in-mind to repair / replace that.

Yes, I have as I fitted a replacement cover to mine due to the bolster on the cover cracking and splitting. You will need to remove the seat from the car to be able to remove the cover. You need to disconnect the negative lead from the main battery in the boot before doing the work.

Removal of the seat is fairly straight forward (four bolts inside the car) and unplugging the leads under the seat, you will need a large star drive to undo the seatbelt to allow for complete removal, the seats themselves are also unsurprisingly on the heavy side, it is well worth covering the sills to avoid damage when removing the seat at this point.

The pocket on the front of the seat is pop riveted on, so to allow for removing / re-fitting the cover properly this needs to be drilled off and re-fitted with new pop-rivets (long ones).

The foam underneath the cover is likely to have perished in some way also (splitting etc) so its worth having something in-mind to repair / replace that.

Hi Gareth,

Thanks buddy, much appreciated! :thumb:

Cheers dude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom