• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 Tail light and brake light failure but only when headlights on ?

NoName

Car
E55K AMG estate
Hi
Wondering if this has happened to anybody else?
Driving along, headlights in auto mode, error message of left tail lamp failure, left brake lamp failure, right tail lamp failure, right brake lamp failure. I also got message saying back up lamps were in operation.
Now, pulled over, turned headlights off, turned ignition off, locked doors. Unlocked doors, key in ignition, fired up, no errors. Hmm, put headlights in auto mode, error messages appeared instantly. Any ideas?
Car is 53 plate W211 E55K AMG estate.

that sounds a bit weird. I once had an old Astra that developed a fault where the front sidelights came on when using the brakes. Turned out one of the rear combined tail / brake lights was defective and the two filaments inside the bulb were touching each other. Might be worth checking all the bulbs for this type of thing.

When they are switched off there will be no errors. You must have bulbs failed

Hi
Wondering if this has happened to anybody else?
Driving along, headlights in auto mode, error message of left tail lamp failure, left brake lamp failure, right tail lamp failure, right brake lamp failure. I also got message saying back up lamps were in operation.
Now, pulled over, turned headlights off, turned ignition off, locked doors. Unlocked doors, key in ignition, fired up, no errors. Hmm, put headlights in auto mode, error messages appeared instantly. Any ideas?
Car is 53 plate W211 E55K AMG estate.
i have the same problem on the same car but i have the t-model , have u fixed it? ANY SUGGESTION WHAT TO DO ?

i have the same lights problem on the same car but i have the t-model , have u fixed it? ANY SUGGESTION WHAT TO DO ?

i have the same lights problem on the same car but i have the t-model , have u fixed it? ANY SUGGESTION WHAT TO DO ?

Check the lamps...

they look ok , can it be any wire not connected correctly or dissconectet ?

Many moons ago, a previous car I once had (1997 BMW 328i Sport) reported a failed brake light, and it turned out to be the bulb even though it wasn't blown.

On closer inspection, there was a light covering of soot on the inside of the bulb and on replacing - message went away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom