• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W220 2005 s500L Command APS version?

greg123

Car
12, daily driver a hotted up Octavia 1.9tdi (custom injectors, ARB, poly bushes, cupra wheels etc)
SO much conflicting information! Okay, so on my 2005 w220 s500L what version of command do I have? it has the more modern post 2003 style, BUT has the head unit cd drive hidden, you press eject and the screen moves up to reveal it. I think it's APS NTG1 BUT most of the others labeled as such on the net and on this forum have a CD slot above the screen in the command unit, mine does NOT.

So, any ideas what version of command I have?

Reason I'm asking is I'm trying to nail down a) nav firmware update b) command firmware update c) map update. I have tried v17 ntg1 and so far alternates between 'no dvd inserted' and 'incompatible map version'. May my dvd/nav unit in the boot is screwed...

I'd appreciate any help guys, information on these things is a minefield

And on a positive note you will have the D2B fibre, not the MOST which the pre rev 2 ones have
- and can prove rather 'challenging' if you want to do anything about the annoying little 4:3 screen etc ... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom