W220 windscreen washer container

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fudge1200

Car
V230 Petrol Ambiente, S320L
I have a leak in the washer system it seems to be dripping from the area of the container. Is there a known weak spot somewhere in the system that fails.

Have you checked the two pumps at the front near the right headlight?

On mine the pipe clips to the pump and the seal is not great. A wire was resting on it causing it not to seal.

Adam

I have noticed that since we have had the cold weather the flaps have opened slightly It was only today I noticed it was leaking as the message empty was showing and I only filled it a couple of days ago, I will have a go at it tomorrow, regarding the headlight washers, I saw that one of them had come away from it's fitting pushed it back in but again will have a good look tomorrow.
I was just wondering if there was a weakness in the system as we had an S Type jag and the engine coolant bottle was leaking and after asking I was told it was a common fault with them only fix was to replace the bottle.

Sorry I meant the black pumps that fit into the washer tank at the front.

The headlight washer jet could also be leaking....one of mine had a habit of flying off when used:doh:

Adam

Thanks for that, I know what you mean but I think it is leaking below them, will let you know.

Hi

What did you find? My screenwash is suddenly causing me a problem. When I fill the tank, it drains within 5 minutes or so into a pool below the driver's side headlight washer.

Look forward to hearing
Andrew

Hi

What did you find? My screenwash is suddenly causing me a problem. When I fill the tank, it drains within 5 minutes or so into a pool below the driver's side headlight washer.

Look forward to hearing
Andrew

Hi,
I have a 2000 S-class as well and I have had the same problem. Turns out it was a seal to the pump which was split AND a crack in the pipe leading to the headlamp washer cleaners.

DB1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom