Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if this was the actual s class, i think it has a great face, body and is incredibly attractive..

72354897f.jpg

pity its a sketch, but wow...

Lol, it wont have those Jaguar bolt on DRLs. that just looks like a large W204.

I still think IMO that this is the closest to what it will end up like:

1333548664493481740.jpg

KillerHERTZ said:
Lol, it wont have those Jaguar bolt on DRLs. that just looks like a large W204.

I still think IMO that this is the closest to what it will end up like:

I'm liking what I'm seeing. A real step on from the 221. See I don't bemoan everything that's new. Will they do an estate? Lol

What is the official date for new S being released in UK?

I'm still not sure about the Z4 side look. The second photo really shows it off.

s-class_w222_003.jpg

i am beginning to feel a little sick the more i look at the new interior..

so nothing new there then!

That is a prototype pic and the design is totally different from 221
Most people will not be able to afford it, you are not going to buy it will you??
If so your're safe, imagin being sick ever day as a owner lol

It will be a bomb!!!
Awesome

The newer pictures still show MB having a problem reconciling the styling.

It looks very like a puffed up CLA.

My problem with MB since the W212 came out is that they seem to be over-styling the cars. The CLA, this S, and the CLS just don't look right to my eye with the two body lines tapering back to the rear arch. It's a design signature that IMO doesn't work consistently on a saloon - it makes the cars terribly vulnerable to looking odd from some angles and it's colour dependent.

The disguised S actually looked better because this aspect of the styling was hidden.:doh:

Leaked booklet cover

1214565975232773893.jpg

I think this perspective shows the styling problem along the side perfectly.

The lower and upper body lines converging back to the rear arch give the car quite an eager look at the front but tend to make it look like the rear is tapering in. Bit like a MB Rover 75 without the fat.

It's a bold signature but it makes the rear boot look pinched unless they give it CLS type rear haunches.

OTOH it does work a lot better with the shooting brake styles of the CLS and CLA. And at a guess a shooting brake variant of the S would work quite well too.

led-zeppelin-the-2014-mercedes-benz-s-class-radical-lighting-scheme-photo-512257-s-original.jpg

The new Mercedes S-class due this fall turns the page on more than a century of incandescent lamps in cars. Totally rid of hot filaments, the sixth-generation S-class sedan will instead be fitted with 490 LEDs filling all lighting, signaling, and interior-illumination roles.

The auto industry is shifting to light-emitting diodes because their expected life is three times that of the average car. They also improve mileage by consuming a fraction of the energy required by conventional headlamps. At the rear, their quicker response adds 15 feet at 75 mph to the warning distance provided to cars behind. Unlike high-intensity discharge (HID, or xenon) lamps, LEDs contain no mercury, so they’re also environmentally benign.

Essentially specks of doped silicon on a circuit board, LEDs are frugal because they convert electricity to light with minimal waste heat. Since LED-based headlamps can be half the size of conventional lamps, designers now use this technology to redefine the faces of their cars, with added functions bound only by their imaginations. For example, the European S-class keeps its high-beams lit most of the time, using motorized masks to block the part of the beam that would dazzle oncoming traffic or cars to the side. The computer-controlled masks also eliminate glare from reflective signs. To avoid blinding drivers at the rear in heavy traffic, the S-class’s brake- and taillamps are lit at varying intensities.

courtesy of Car Reviews - 2013 Car Reviews and 2014 New Cars at Car and Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom