Was boot badge model designation delete an option from new?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My first three MB's came with badges and I left them on. This one had the factory badge delete and I've left it blank.

I quite like the anonymity of it. It adds to the sleeper nature of it.

De-badging is very common in Germany, so…

FWIW the ones I've seen over there have all looked like base models (mostly company car types e.g. BMW 3 series or equivalent). That's just where my in-laws live though (not far from Stuttgart) ... I've not conducted a full survey :D

My first three MB's came with badges and I left them on. This one had the factory badge delete and I've left it blank.

I quite like the anonymity of it. It adds to the sleeper nature of it.

IMHO losing the badges looks good on dark colours where the chrome really sticks out (particularly diesels etc. that have it on both sides of the boot/tailgate) ... less of an issue on silver etc.

If I owned an AMG or anything petrol with six or more cylinders....the badges would stay. Anything 4 pot or derv....they would go!!! :)

If nob head is driving a Ford Focus RS he already knows his car will keep up with yours and pull away when you hit the limiter at 155mph , his is limited to 165 mph. on the Autobhan , obviously.

But I know what you mean , the de badge can give a clean look and discourage Carlos Fandango's . I would not dream of de badging my C55 AMG because I'm pretty sure no one really thinks an old grandad estate could possibly have a V8 under the bonnet, only an alleged 360bhp but it has surprised a few boy racers .;):)

.....and discourage Carlos Fandango's
That bought back memories!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

De-badging is very common in Germany, so…

It was popular in the 70's and 80's when the big bosses didn't everyone to know they were driving a top of the range whatever. They wanted to be able to bounce off the speed limiter on the autobahn without being too obvious about it in the company car park.

I've always thought was quite cool. Although it actually could have been because they were worried about being kidnapped by the Baader Meinhof gang. Which puts another complexion on it entirely.

Although I suppose it does reduce the chances of my being targeted by any Just Stop Oil activists AND by any NW London Marxist Leninist urban guerilla groups.

It was popular in the 70's and 80's when the big bosses didn't everyone to know they were driving a top of the range whatever. They wanted to be able to bounce off the speed limiter on the autobahn without being too obvious about it in the company car park.

I've always thought was quite cool. Although it actually could have been because they were worried about being kidnapped by the Baader Meinhof gang. Which puts another complexion on it entirely.

Although I suppose it does reduce the chances of my being targeted by any Just Stop Oil activists AND by any NW London Marxist Leninist urban guerilla groups.

I helped my brother (who lives in Germany) buy and pickup his car over there so we saw a lot of them. Even driving about on the autobahns, it’s still common to see cars debadged, and not the folk with smaller engines that are embarrassed by their ‘low spec’ cars

I generally like the writing and extra detail on the back of the car, it forms part of the identity of the car for me, the font etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom