water marks on outer window trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Hi does anyone know of anything to remove what look like water marks off the gloss black trim at the bottom of the windows on my e320cdi sport. ? I've tried t cut and wd40 and polish and wax but it won't budge.

I use vinegar on the SL (marks build up under the rear edge of the hood) ... didn't know meths would work, will have to try that.

Well vinegar don't work either

Can I ask how or where you wash your car as if it has a caustic based detergent used on it this will eat into the trims almost like a rainbow effect making it near on possible to remove you could try a compound from a motor factors or local body shop like autoglym rapid renovator ect
Hope this helps

Can I ask how or where you wash your car as if it has a caustic based detergent used on it this will eat into the trims almost like a rainbow effect making it near on possible to remove you could try a compound from a motor factors or local body shop like autoglym rapid renovator ect
Hope this helps

It was like it when I got it unfortunately! It's on the gloss black trim along bottom of the side window's. Only clean it myself as don't trust anyone else

Hi does anyone know of anything to remove what look like water marks off the gloss black trim at the bottom of the windows on my e320cdi sport. ? I've tried t cut and wd40 and polish and wax but it won't budge.

Mine had similar marks, only feint, but noticeable. I managed to remove them with this Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Paste Polish Kit ? Yorkshire Trading Company but I think it is discontinued for some reason as I've been trying to get hold of a new tub, without success.

I see that they now do a liquid version TURTLE WAX ICE CAR SYNTHETIC LIQUID POLISH MICROFIBRE CLOTH & APPLICATOR FG6109 | eBay which like the original synthetic paste can be applied to all paint types, plastics, and trim without leaving any white residue. I haven't tried it myself yet, but probably will if I can't find another tub of the original paste.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=3jjzzn7PHG8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Probably as I say been washed at a foam car wash or similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom