wet look tire dressing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
moonloops said:
Handy hint, you aint gonna get more sex or even kudos by having wet look tyres so just leave it out :p

Surely you stand a chance of the former... if you "leave it out"?

I have tried several in the past, latest one is Mer tyre shine spray on wipes off for a Matt finish or leave to dry for a more shiny look. Very easy to apply not messy and available in Halfrauds. Best I've used so far.

Used the Megs tyre dressing but put it on a bit thick:fail
Black flecks all along the sides of the car, the callipers, even the inside of the wheels. Got to take them off to clean the wheels properly, so follow above advice and don't put on too much.
It does give a nice wet look though:D

I have a silver car and have tried loads of so called recommended brands. I'm yet to find one that doesn't flick millions of tiny black blobs all over the body having driven over 50mph

I can certainly agree with that

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
I've been very happy with the autoglym rubber and vinyl care.
Spray onto a cloth and wipe onto the tyres.
Wipe off excess.
Leaves the tyres looking nice and fresh and no flicking up over the arches.

:thumb:

Either blackfire or megs for me. With megs I don't apply too much and try not to drive the car for a short while after, seems to do the trick :)

Another vote for the Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel. I only started using it a couple of months ago but found that it lasts much longer than anything else I've ever tried.

(But my wife objects to me using their suggested applicator!)
4176AqtSmQL.jpg

QUALITY.. :D

I try to apply Auto Glym Tyre Dressing and leave over night. Any spray application applies far too much to have to be effective.

Megs Endurance is tops - lasts ages on the tyre and my current bottle has lasted me over a year and still has a quarter left. I've tried loads of others but megs is by far the best - as stated in this thread apply sparingly and you'll be very happy with it.

Megs Endurance is tops - lasts ages on the tyre and my current bottle has lasted me over a year and still has a quarter left. I've tried loads of others but megs is by far the best - as stated in this thread apply sparingly and you'll be very happy with it.

I'll try anything recommeded. apply with a micro fibre cloth?

I use a new sponge and replace it every few months. ECP stock it cheaply.

Last edited:
I use a new sponge and replace it every few months. ECP stock it cheaply.

Sounds good. I use a microfibre mitt to wash and have a few sponges going spare which my girls like to use when they wanna "help" :crazy: wash the car..

thanks

Sounds good. I use a microfibre mitt to wash and have a few sponges going spare which my girls like to use when they wanna "help" :crazy: wash the car..

thanks

Microfibre mitt is indeed the correct washing utensil. The sponge wouldn't make me cringe - badly :(

I couldn't get on with the Megs endurance gel. However sparingly I applied it, I still found it ended up flinging onto the sides of the car. The bottle is sitting in my garage with loads left.

Pinnacle onyx tyre gel for me. A detailer friend gave me a bit to try ages ago and I ran out a week or two ago. I think it's the only detailing item I've bought a 2nd bottle of.

Another vote for GTechniq. Seems to last some time.

Personally, I use Auto Glym Rubber & Vinyl dressing.
Used it for years and does a great job.
The stuff in the trigger bottle.
I spray onto a cloth and wipe over the tyres.
I then wipe off any excess, leaving a black shiny look.
Whatever you use, don't over apply.
All too often, I see cars with tyre dressing splattered up the wheel arches from over-applying or using stuff that flicks off the tyres too easily.

None of them will last that long.
Just a case of dressing the tyres when they need it.

I've used this for years too. It's good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom