What a horrid sight for his neigbours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well nothing changes does it!
In my youth growing up in a rough ****d council house estate in Gloucester, it was rotted out Vauxhall Wyverns, Crestas, the odd Moggie Minor, plus (must mention) the Brolac peacock blue & rust Ford Consuls with no doors on.:devil:
All part of the scenery as you scratched the ice off your bedroom window panes to see what the night had done to the street scenery.

The treat for us was when a whole bunch of hard up families left the street as ten pound Poms and abandoned their old cars for us feral boys to drive about like bumper cars.:devil::eek:

I remember having dibs on my emigrated junior school sweet heart's Dad's car .(Angela Beard still remember her!)
A 1949 Singer!
Didn't last long playing bumper cars with it in the old reservoir nearby!
Oh Happy days
Tuercas Viejas

Its a difficult one. I wouldnt like it next door to me. But if its for sale it may not be for long although someone may be trading from home.
Not too far from me a house with a very nice E Class on the drive has 2 fairly unsightly cars under covers beside it. Not sure what they are but they look like sports cars and one possibly being salvaged for parts for the other. I wouldnt think the neighbours are overjoyed but the occupant is entitled to his interest or hobby. Unfortunately they have been there for a year at least and no progress seems to have been made.

On the same subject, but not the same street !!

My friend who lives in small private cul-de-sac had his and his neighbours tranquility upset when the guy at the first house into the cul-de-sac, decided his new hobby was buying and keeping rotted out people carriers.

Seriously... With no trigger event that anybody can uncover? He just went started buying these complete heeps, that are non-runners. He parks them on both sides of the road and in his own driveway, making entry and exiting the cul-de-sac really difficult as there is such a tight gap to drive through between the sheds.

They are un-taxed and an un-insured and are actually leaving a dust footprint on the ground. The Police cannot/will not act, sighting a "private road" so a "civil matter"

Reasonable conversation has deteriorated into shouting and unpleasantness. Various suggestions regarding towing at night have been put forward, but the neighbour (wise to this) has installed CCTV and warned he will prosecute for theft.

To be honest. I would be fuming. It is a proverbiel 'blot on the landscape' and dangerous as the exit to the narrowed road is onto a main road. Cars exiting have to edge forward into traffic that they cannot see.

It seems that nothing can be done legally to stop this. He did, at one point get rid of them all in a single morning (after a Police visit). Within two days another load arrived.

To be fair to the chap, he probably keeps it covered when not showing it to potential buyers (no point in getting any more rain into any surviving electrics).

We have a chap around the corner from us who has a "fetish" for early 80`s Ladas. There are two Rivas in various states of dismemberment and one complete Niva that are sitting in his driveway and front garden . There is also a Octavia as a daily driver. It must be a nightmare for his neighbours who have recently had their house extended and driveway blocked , they have also had a six foot boundary fence constructed to block their view of the "scrappy" next door, and you cant blame them.

Some people have a totally different view of what others find acceptable.

Over the last 10 years we have been continually upgrading our house with an extension , new garage , new driveway etc but one of the gardens that backs onto our driveway is owned by the laziest / dirtiest / hoarding family i have ever had the misfortune to have met, their garden is like a jungle with allsorts dumped in it. The previous owner had a proper air-raid shelter built under the garden just after the houses were built , they tried to dig the shelter up a few years ago and just managed to create a tangled mess of re-bar and concrete. It was designed to withstand what the Luftwaffe were dropping so a wee mechanical digger is not going to worry it too much.

Ours is the one with the grey driveway / white chips, you can just about see the outline of the shelter at the bottom of the messy garden.

Kenny

Last edited by a moderator:

My friend who lives in small private cul-de-sac had his and his neighbours tranquility upset when the guy at the first house into the cul-de-sac, decided his new hobby was buying and keeping rotted out people carriers.

Seriously... With no trigger event that anybody can uncover? He just went started buying these complete heeps, that are non-runners. He parks them on both sides of the road and in his own driveway, making entry and exiting the cul-de-sac really difficult as there is such a tight gap to drive through between the sheds.

They are un-taxed and an un-insured and are actually leaving a dust footprint on the ground. The Police cannot/will not act, sighting a "private road" so a "civil matter"

Reasonable conversation has deteriorated into shouting and unpleasantness. Various suggestions regarding towing at night have been put forward, but the neighbour (wise to this) has installed CCTV and warned he will prosecute for theft.

To be honest. I would be fuming. It is a proverbiel 'blot on the landscape' and dangerous as the exit to the narrowed road is onto a main road. Cars exiting have to edge forward into traffic that they cannot see.

It seems that nothing can be done legally to stop this. He did, at one point get rid of them all in a single morning (after a Police visit). Within two days another load arrived.

I thought local councils can give a couple of weeks' notice and then remove vehicles that are deemed to be scrap, even if they are on private land. There were reports in the motoring press of instances of classic cars that were in the process of being restored being taken away and crushed while the owners were away on holiday (whether these reports were true or not is another matter).

That sounds like the people carrier guy has taken offence at something and has decided to deliberately wind up his neighbours. People who live on private roads are often a little sensitive.

Can the road not be adopted? I thought the council were obliged to if enough requests.

If the doors, bonnet, boot lid, front wings, both bumpers, engine and gearbox were all good enough to remove and the shell is undamaged then why was it broken for spares ?

Regarding the Private Road,

If you murdered someone on a private road, is it still a civil matter?

No, silly; murdering someone is about as uncivil as you can get...

Regarding the Private Road,

If you murdered someone on a private road, is it still a civil matter?

No, and, even if it is a private road, cars must still be insured if they are driven.

Please do not press Buy it now ! ! !

First Contact us via ebay messages to discuss all details ! ! !

In other words, either the price is higher than the one listed or they want to do a deal outside of ebay to save their fees

As suggested, sounds like someone has upset him, and this is his payback.

Could an ambalance and fire engine get through? If not, then this may be provide a route to getting them shifted, at least off the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom