What would you do..

• Thread starter Deletedmember130310
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deletedmember130310

i live on a narrow lane; there is a neighbour almost opposite, about 50 yards up the lane on the junction with the main road.

He has a double garage to the rear, accessed via a car port which has doors to the front and is open to the rear (proving a through passage to the garden).

He owns:
- Ferrari 430
- Rover River Sport
- Fiat Abarth 595 (with a chavvy tie strap bolted to the front)
- Fiesta ST, driven by his son with the obligatory reg plate in the front window and chavvy tow strap on front bumper
-another Fiat 500

Rarely, if ever, are the cars on his driveway - apart from the Ferrari.

Instead he blocks the lane, with the 500 often parked IN the junction with the main road, facing oncoming traffic...

Very often one of his cars is opposite our driveway meaning we have extreme difficulty getting on or off our drive.

Suggested actions?

Police : obstructing highway .

Fire Service : obstruction of emergency access

Bump one of them / slash their tyres ( not recommended)

Order a ton of manure to be delivered onto their driveway

Their inconsiderate behaviour is a fair indication of the type of neighbour you have and their likely response. But, I think you have to raise it with them. If you don't it will likely get worse and you will get increasingly irritated by it.

I have a similar issue in that I live on a road which is only two cars wide, so parking if you don't have a driveway (I do) can be tricky. There are several people with SUV's that choose to park on the road instead of on their driveway, often to the point that you can barely squeeze a car down the road let alone a fire engine. There was one time I came home at 2am, got some way up my road and couldn't progress any further. I had to reverse 400 yards (no room to turn round), go around another road and come onto my road from the other end!

I talked to the police about it to see if I could arrange some sort of awareness campaign rather than target every individual who does it, and they weren't interested. They wanted me to report each vehicle individually as it happened.

My neighbour of twenty years ago took the view that the estate road , two cars wide, bordering his house boundaries on his side of the road was his domain. If anybody was parked there when he came home he'd sound his horn until somebody came out to move it. He virtually never parked on his drive and made it as difficult as he could for other residents. About a year before we moved we had a friendly discussion about his attitude and he never spoke to me again.

Did he hell . The most disliked person on the street. Reported neighbour opposite for parking his transit half on the pavement and complained to another neighbours employer that company vans weren't allowed to be parked at home . Once a tw-t always a tw-t.

Frozen sausages, hammer, night manoeuvres, lawn.........:thumb:

I've had the odd car parking near where I live which sometimes makes it difficult to manoeuvre into where I live.

Every conversation I've had where I've stumbled across the driver, I've been very polite and reasonable and I've yet to encounter any **** piggery.

That said, I am 6'4" and 120KG / 20st so I don't really get jip but I prefer to think it is the way I engage them that wins the day rather than intimidation.

So I would speak to them first and as said, see what happens - maybe asking if he can park further along or in such a way that would help you... that way you are being positive and neighbourly about it.

If the person is a bell end, which I rather suspect he will be but try and keep an open mind, I would consider my next move but as you've had a word by then it will be obvious who has done anything to their property if that is your chosen avenue... so you will need to be prepared for it to escalate and deal with it accordingly.

If you do intend to do anything, best wait a while or enlist the assistance of some heavies if you know of any.

It may not but then again, it might.

If you prefer not to take direct action, your only avenue is through the authorities.

I would never advocate damaging someone else’s property. We’d be outraged if some clown did that to one of our precious cars. But if he won’t see reason, and given the toothless nature of our law enforcement, then maybe you should just buy an old wreck and park it somewhere he won’t like it.

Like his lounge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom