What's the best 2000 car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Mondeo (TDCi) is going to push towards £200 RFL from 2010 anyway, so I figured I could have fun - the cheaper outlay equates to good fun - why buy March 01 when I can have Feb 01. Sure a big V8 is going to cost big £££s to run, but I don't have kids, my house is worth less everyday so I only live once! Bring it on says I :p

My Mondeo (TDCi) is going to push towards £200 RFL from 2010 anyway, so I figured I could have fun - the cheaper outlay equates to good fun - why buy March 01 when I can have Feb 01. Sure a big V8 is going to cost big £££s to run, but I don't have kids, my house is worth less everyday so I only live once! Bring it on says I :p

Erm, Ferrari 550, a Rusty CL600, a rustier W210 55amg.

£200 a year wouldn't cover one tyre on a lot of the above mentioned cars, never mind fuel, servicing, eye watering insurance costs, the cost of a private plate to disguise the fact you're a cheapskate and bought an old "supercar" to avoid £200 a year in tax.....

Not sound financially.....if you're in the market for a Ferrari, Porsche twin Turbo, Bentley or any V8 petrol engined car for that matter, RFL is irrelevant...if it isn't irrelevant (financially) then you can't afford the cars you're looking at .............QED.

I agree true, but for me it's psychologically off putting. Financially £200 extra on tax really doesn't make much odds.

yeah but its an excuse and go out and buy a ferrari. go on saunders, make yourself a happy man.

He'll be crying when he gets the service bill.. btw, how much is a new clutch on one of those? a set of plugs and leads?

Replacement cat-back exhaust costs £4400!! haha..

He'll be crying when he gets the service bill.. btw, how much is a new clutch on one of those? a set of plugs and leads?

Replacement cat-back exhaust costs £4400!! haha..

But he'll love spending all that money on it, much better than giving a fraction of it to gordon clown and his agents.

Running costs of such cars are a moot point - I'd go even further back to cars with less electronic trickery 1985-95 to help with service costs. Depreciation will have bottomed out and will compensate for the increased running costs. Performance and economy will be not a million miles away from modern performance cars.

Plates which give away age are not an issue. If the car is in good nick a good car is a good car and its age is nothing to try to cover up.

Hang on a minute, I think I've tried this.... :crazy::D

Ade

Running costs of such cars are a moot point - I'd go even further back to cars with less electronic trickery 1985-95 to help with service costs. Depreciation will have bottomed out and will compensate for the increased running costs. Performance and economy will be not a million miles away from modern performance cars.
Quit messing around; if you're going that far back you might as well go pre-73 and pay no tax at all ;)

I worked out when doing figures on the new C63 that my insurance and running costs would actually be roughly the same if not slightly cheaper than as for the C43 - weird huh?

The decision was made for me as I can't sell the old girl, I've grown too attached!

Real world: Vauxhall Omega 3.2 MV6 with Irmscher kit

Dream world: Ferrari 456M GTA

I worked out when doing figures on the new C63 that my insurance and running costs would actually be roughly the same if not slightly cheaper than as for the C43 - weird huh?

The decision was made for me as I can't sell the old girl, I've grown too attached!
Did that include depreciation?

Did that include depreciation?

No, just monthly/ yearly running costs. Didn't consider depreciation as I would have handed it back at end of term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom