• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What's the betting?

Railwayman

SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 200
My old girl a couple of weeks ago failed her MOT on front drivers side lower rear suspension arm and both front Anti rollbar drop links, as I also put brand new Goodyear tyres on all round I'm taking her to have the wheel alignment checked next week.

I replaced the parts myself using Lemfodder parts, now my personal opinion is that the tracking will be ok, but what do you guys think, will using after market parts cause a problem? Will report the outcome when complete.

My old girl a couple of weeks ago failed her MOT on front drivers side lower rear suspension arm and both front Anti rollbar drop links, as I also put brand new Goodyear tyres on all round I'm taking her to have the wheel alignment checked next week.

I replaced the parts myself using Lemfodder parts, now my personal opinion is that the tracking will be ok, but what do you guys think, will using after market parts cause a problem? Will report the outcome when complete.
If the car drives ok , just get the alignment checked in a week .
Lemforder is an OE manufacturer , so don’t worry .

Lemforder parts are excellent quality and you have nothing to worry about. Drop links do not affect the suspension geometry, but the lower rear suspension arm might. In any event, the suspension geometry is not being tested during MOT, and so if the parts were correctly fitted, then the car should pass its MOT. You can get the suspension geometry checked later.

Any replacement of track-control components should always be followed by an alignment check.
Not doing so can seriously affect the tyre wear pattern and may affect handling.
The OP has just fitted four new tyres.
Why risk accelerated tyre wear by NOT having the alignment checked ?

Lemforder parts are generally considered among the best.
Replacing drop links will not affect the alignment.

I have it but no idea how to put it on here.

Scan it and save it as a PDF, then insert it into a post.

I just had the steering rack replaced, and had a full four-wheel alignment done locally. Mine was £140; is it any cheaper in your area?

No manufacturer makes their own parts. They have numerous companies supplying, so as to have back up, all of which are classed as OE.
They'll be fine.

Mine cost £98, guy was good, a little adjustment here a little adjustment there. watched him do it, took just over a hour.

Hunter machines.

Our local tyre place has a Hunter Hawkeye. And they did a reasonable job on my 300CE.

Then a local, old school Land Rover chap made a few adjustments using his very basic laser tool (sort of a £30 thing) and that made things 100% OK.

Running in dead straight lines and likewise under braking.

RayH

Not sure a basic laser type tool can do 4 wheel alignment . The reason for the numerous visits to my guys is that the OCD one wanted to tweak the eccentric adjusters on the rear, they were a little crusty so I took the car home and replaced them , I had them in stock and was going to do them anyway.

Not sure a basic laser type tool can do 4 wheel alignment .

I should have been clearer. His "laser tool" was used only at the front. The 4-wheel was done by the Hunter people.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom