whats the lifespan of a cdi injector?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
Not fail, but poor performance? 200,000 miles on mine atm , one injector is reporting 'high back pressure' or something like that. I can get recon ones for 75 quid on the continent which is less than reconning mine....

so, replace or waste of money? 32mpg on the pooter on rural roads. Feels 'weak' at the top end when thrashing it.

So a couple of points pal....
A recon is only as good as the company carrying out the refurb, so check before buying cheap crap :doh:

Secondly, you should rename the thread. ..........
How long does a Bosch injector injector last in a 613/648 engine

Mb build the engine and it lasts forever if its looked after

At 200 k you should look at getting a new set..
From mb in my opinion!
After all if the originals have lasted this long why wouldn't you?

Because from merc at about 300 quid a pop (x6...), its going to take an awful long time to pay for its increased fuel economy. but your point is valid and correct.

lets say, for arguments sake, it increases fuel economy by about 10%.

i do 8 to 10k miles pa.
at 32mpg thats 280 gallons or 1277 litres pa or £1480 pa at 1.159 a litre.

so if its 10% better, then thats £1331 pa after. Or 150 quid. Or half one mb injector. So id need to keep it 12 more years to break even, not including labour. At 75 quid, assuming the same increase, it takes 3 years. Just about viable.

Not a mod, so cant edit title. But again you are right.

Last edited:
We have a car we look after 635,000 miles with original injectors.

I have a customer with a E320 cdi W210 with 295,000 miles. Last week it was in for its first injector seal failure ever. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Always order injectors from engine numbers.

Some car parts suppliers have had the wrong injectors listed due to Bosch
messing around with superseded part numbers and incorrect engine numbers.

A certain injector re-manufacturer sent me units that were hammering under full load due to this.

Last edited:
I own a 2006 Audi Q7 3,0 TDi. There is a technical bulletin that says the injectors tend to fail from 50 000 km (31000 miles) onwards. And it will cost ZAR55 000 (about GBP3000) to replace all six.

Such joy...

I own a 2006 Audi Q7 3,0 TDi. There is a technical bulletin that says the injectors tend to fail from 50 000 km (31000 miles) onwards. And it will cost ZAR55 000 (about GBP3000) to replace all six.

Such joy...

They fit a sub-standard part that needs replacing after about three years and expect the customer to pay to rectify. Very shoddy. I'm not surprised though.

Mine have all done 260k so far and never been touched, as said...if it aint broke.....

Stick to using quality fuel and a dash of 2 stroke every fill up. Wack a can of BG244 through the system every few months. Should be fine.

Make sure the 2 stroke oil is mineral and not synthetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom