Wheel polish.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Simple question but I keep getting different opinions.

Can anyone recommend a decent wheel polish for the 19" rims fitted to the C63 AMG. The wheels appeared to be lacquered. They are in good nick so just using car shampoo at the mo ??

Cheers

Wash well and apply a wheel wax of your choice / recommendation.

Even the stuff you wax the car with should be fine if your rims are clean.

As above. I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish for my bodywork as well as my wheels.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Jit C240 - I've just used Autoglym Super Resin Polish for the bodywork BUT i'm a little concerned as to using it on the lacquered wheels (it's a slightly abrasive polish).

Wax them using Poor boy's or Wolf's Chemicals Nano Rim Sealant or Gtechniq or the Nanolex range. There is a lot of sealants out there.

You can not use a polish to seal your wheels. Polish is an abrasive as mentioned above by you.

The wheels are laquered, as is the paintwork.....? Polished wheels need to be sealed...as stated the wheels are laquered.

Last edited:
Polishes are usually abrasive in order to provide a smoother finish than was previously there. The downside is that the abrasive removes a coating.

Waxes are designed to seal and protect. The downside is that they do not cater for imperfections.

The correct remedial treatment is to polish out imperfections and protect with a wax/glaze. Wax or glaze may be reapplied as necessary since they are removed during routine cleaning or by exposure to the elements.

Polish a new car often enough and you will remove ALL the paint and lacquer.
Wax it every day and the paint and lacquer will remain.

+1 LTD

Mr. B I would suggest you head over to 'Detailing World', where you will find an in depth amount of knowledge relating to cleaning your car. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom