Which Airport to Battersea park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Need some suggestions by someone who moves inside London more than me.

I need to be at Battersea Park by 19:00 (not today I may add!), and the flight options land at 16:25 in either Heathrow or City airport.

Give 30 minutes to get through Heathrow, or 15 for City airport; which is my best option to get to Battersea Park?

With public transport, both seem about an hour away.

By taxi, the cab company charges less for Heathrow, but estimates 30 minutes for each (not sure how realistic the time is given that it will be rush hour).

Any ideas/suggestions?

M.

LHR is better, You will coming against the traffic, and not into central London.

For LCY, you have to go through central London which will be busy.

No way you can get from LCY to Battersea Park by car in 30 minutes during rush hour.

If I were you I'd get myself to Victoria, and then jump in a black cab. Across Chelsea bridge and you are there! Ten minutes in traffic.

Cheers,
Robert

PS. I live close to Battersea Park

From Uxbridge, why not just jump on the tube ??
I don't work in Uxbridge :) My work means I travel a lot, so will not be in the country on Wednesday (nor Thursday). I'm flying back for a dinner in Battersea Park.

If I were you I'd get myself to Victoria, and then jump in a black cab. Across Chelsea bridge and you are there! Ten minutes in traffic.

Cheers,
Robert

PS. I live close to Battersea Park
I thought of doing the Heathrow Express to Paddington, and then jumping in a cab... but it doesn't work in terms of time nor cost... (i.e. it seems to take longer + cost more than just getting a cab from Heathrow).

Victoria is an option, but trains are a little rare from T5 to Victoria (every 40 min it seems), so if I miss the train it's a problem.

Guess I'll just book a cab from heathrow! At least I can spend 30 minutes in traffic trying to make a bowtie...

m.

City Airport. Against traffic onto the Highway to Tower Hill, against traffic all the way along the Embankments to Westminster then only the short stretch to Battersea using north or south sides.
Can't comment on the LHR journey but did the east to west trip many times. And I avoid public transport like the plague.

Forgot to factor in the tux - flying with a tux will be a nightmare. Thinking of changing in Heathrow - does anyone know if the BA lounge in T5 is open to arrivals?

M.

City Airport. Against traffic onto the Highway to Tower Hill, against traffic all the way along the Embankments to Westminster then only the short stretch to Battersea using north or south sides.
Can't comment on the LHR journey but did the east to west trip many times. And I avoid public transport like the plague.

except that rush hour traffic on the Highway and the Embankment is both ways!

except that rush hour traffic on the Highway and the Embankment is both ways!

In that case, I shall change my user name to Lucky because all the times I have done that route, it has been free flowing with minor hold ups only.

try Windsor cars (01753 677677) call them as you land and they will meet you at arrivals. Cost around £40 at a guess

Spinal said:
Forgot to factor in the tux - flying with a tux will be a nightmare. Thinking of changing in Heathrow - does anyone know if the BA lounge in T5 is open to arrivals? M.

Yes but long haul only in the right part of the plane although they can be more flexible if you have a BA Gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom