Which month do Mercedes update sat nav maps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From what I can see, there are two versions of the 'Download Manager':

For COMMAND systems:
Collection Site - United Kingdom
File name: Download_Manager_SD_Card_Navigation.exe
Latest version available from the MB website v1.0.10 (v1.0.16 is also available apparently...)

For Garmin systems:
File name: Mercedes-Benz_Download_Manager.exe
Latest version available from the MB website v3.0.11

Hopefully this will help remove some of the confusion surrounding which software needs to be used....

Last edited:

For COMMAND systems:
Latest version v1.0.10

For Garmin systems:
Latest version v3.0.11

Hopefully this will help remove some of the confusion surrounding which software needs to be used....

The version I used was v1.0.16 (linked to in an earlier post). The earlier version I tried did not work.

EDIT

For COMMAND systems:
Latest version available from the MB website v1.0.10 (v1.0.16 is also available apparently...)

For Garmin systems:
Latest version available from the MB website v3.0.11

I'm still confused with the DLM versions everyone is using. The Garmin one did not want to install on my WIN10 computer. Windows defender smart screen blocked it.

The SD card navigation copy does not bring me the list of COMAND maps updates. Seems it expects the SD card for SD card navigation.

I got the V1.0.17 from an MB site (don't ask me how, I don't think I have a valid subscription to their DL site but it accepted me anyway). This is the COMAND version. The however exe there was blocked by Avast but I replaced it with the one from an earlier copy and I think I got the latest updates.

I'm not going to pay for the V13 pin and cannot "test" if my dealer gives the pin the way I understand AMGJames got it.

DLM_1.0.17.JPG

I'm still confused with the DLM versions everyone is using. The Garmin one did not want to install on my WIN10 computer. Windows defender smart screen blocked it.

The SD card navigation copy does not bring me the list of COMAND maps updates. Seems it expects the SD card for SD card navigation.

I got the V1.0.17 from an MB site (don't ask me how, I don't think I have a valid subscription to their DL site but it accepted me anyway). This is the COMAND version. The however exe there was blocked by Avast but I replaced it with the one from an earlier copy and I think I got the latest updates.

I'm not going to pay for the V13 pin and cannot "test" if my dealer gives the pin the way I understand AMGJames got it.

View attachment 87924

I used 1.0.16 from here and it worked perfectly on a Win10 computer and recognised an NTFS formatted USB drive. If you don't have USB in your car I can check SD if you like. Which map are you looking at?

I used 1.0.16 from here and it worked perfectly on a Win10 computer and recognised an NTFS formatted USB drive. If you don't have USB in your car I can check SD if you like. Which map are you looking at?
The MEGA link for v1.0.16 does not work.... I have v1.0.14 which works fine for me though.

I am baffled as to why MB have so many versions and why they are so difficult to get hold off... the version publicly available from MB's website is v1.0.10 and does not seem to work.

I've just managed to get (what I think is) my PIN off a local MB dealer but I'm unable to get the download manager to work, it just reports 'Data medium not found' and 'Storage medium not found'. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of version 14 or 16 of download manager please?

I've just managed to get (what I think is) my PIN off a local MB dealer but I'm unable to get the download manager to work, it just reports 'Data medium not found' and 'Storage medium not found'. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of version 14 or 16 of download manager please?

Did the link for 16 above not work?

I’d your drive NTFS formatted? (Or ExFat depending on the requirements).

Did the link for 16 above not work?

I’d your drive NTFS formatted? (Or ExFat depending on the requirements).

If you mean the MEGA link then it's no longer available. I've tried the download manager on my Mac and on a pc with an SD card that is formatted as FAT32, I get the same error message on both, is it because it's looking for a card with the original software on it?

If you mean the MEGA link then it's no longer available. I've tried the download manager on my Mac and on a pc with an SD card that is formatted as FAT32, I get the same error message on both, is it because it's looking for a card with the original software on it?

Ah ok. I will share it later.

I only had luck on a PC. Nothing worked on a Mac.

It won’t be looking for original software, my USB drive was totally empty when I started.

What NTG version do you have? Fat32 is only for 4.5 and only works with USB not SD cards.

Ah ok. I will share it later.

I only had luck on a PC. Nothing worked on a Mac.

It won’t be looking for original software, my USB drive was totally empty when I started.

What NTG version do you have? Fat32 is only for 4.5 and only works with USB not SD cards.

According to a VIN decoder I have 'COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5', I'm not sure how to find it on the system itself!

According to a VIN decoder I have 'COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5', I'm not sure how to find it on the system itself!

Ok for 5.5 you need NTFS not FAT32. Would suggest formatting a USB stick then trying again. You can use an SD card if that’s all you have (also NTFS formatted) but ‘usb is recommended’.

Needs to have 41.75GB available for the map... assume you have the pin for V16.0 maps.

Ok for 5.5 you need NTFS not FAT32. Would suggest formatting a USB stick then trying again. You can use an SD card if that’s all you have (also NTFS formatted) but ‘usb is recommended’.

I've been using an SD card as I had forgotten that the car also has two USB ports alongside the SD card slots, I'm such an idiot sometimes! Thanks for all of your help with this James. :)

I've been using an SD card as I had forgotten that the car also has two USB ports alongside the SD card slots, I'm such an idiot sometimes! Thanks for all of your help with this James. :)

Okay, I've now tried the current version of download manager with an SD card and a USB stick. I've formatted them as both FAT32 and NTFS but I always get the message 'Storage medium not found', what else can I do?!!

Okay, I've now tried the current version of download manager with an SD card and a USB stick. I've formatted them as both FAT32 and NTFS but I always get the message 'Storage medium not found', what else can I do?!!

Does it have 41.75GB free space when NTFS formatted?

What version of the download manager are you using on the PC?

Does it have 41.75GB free space when NTFS formatted?

What version of the download manager are you using on the PC?

I'm using V1.0.10 and the USB stick is a freshly formatted (NTFS) 64GB so more than enough space on there.

I'm using V1.0.10 and the USB stick is a freshly formatted (NTFS) 64GB so more than enough space on there.

Strange but true:

If you download v1.0.10 from MB's website, it won't work in spite of it telling you it's the latest version. It just won't work - and this has nothing to do with the formatting of the USB drive or SD-Card.

What you need is either v1.0.14 or v1.0.16, which are only available from file-sharing websites (but not from the MB website), and do work. And they work even with no USB drive or SD-Card inserted at all (though you will obviously to insert one of these with the correct formatting before actually starting the download).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom