which pressure washer are you guys using?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
K4 - & I purchased a (pressure) hose extension. PITA to store (the extra pipe) but brilliant when washing the car as I don't need to move the washer. I also have a foam lance (don't recall where I got it) and I use a water filter for rinse water. Makes washing the car a doddle instead of having to chase my tail to get the car dried off before the water evaporated.

I too have recently heard this and learnt last night off a mate of mine who used to work at karcher that they are only built for 100 hours of use. I am going down the nilfisk route i think.

Mine is well over 100 hours - my wife loves playing with pressure washers and is forever cleaning driveways, paths, fences, patios etc.

Mine is well over 100 hours - my wife loves playing with pressure washers and is forever cleaning driveways, paths, fences, patios etc.
Dont shoot the messenger thats just what ive been told off a good source who has no reason to make it up :rolleyes:

K4 - & I purchased a (pressure) hose extension. PITA to store (the extra pipe) but brilliant when washing the car as I don't need to move the washer. I also have a foam lance (don't recall where I got it) and I use a water filter for rinse water. Makes washing the car a doddle instead of having to chase my tail to get the car dried off before the water evaporated.
Yes i have a water filter great bit of kit especially on a black car

If you stuck with Karcher at least you’d have a selection of spare parts between yours and your dads. :dk:

If you stuck with Karcher at least you’d have a selection of spare parts between yours and your dads. :dk:
Haha good point my dad is wanting his back as the other day his words where.... " can i have my pressure washer back as i dont no whether to wash my car or plant it"

Dont shoot the messenger thats just what ive been told off a good source who has no reason to make it up :rolleyes:

Conspiracy theory.....too many people would know that the 100 hr lifetime was a deliberate design and the manufacturers would find themselves in all kinds of doodoo!:)

Nilfisk C110, which is their equivalent to the K4 (at nearly half the price) I love it. I’ve purchased a stubby trigger and hose extension kit from directhoses, great setup

That reminded me. I got my foam lance from Direct Hoses. Works well and was a good price.

I have had a vax 2200w pressure washer for years, packed up on saturday there so went put and bought a k2 full control from halfords and a 15m hose from ebay for £17 so will need to see what thats like when it arrives, but so far the k2 works well

Check the capacitor cheap and easy fix, google it
Yes, I checked it, no joy, would not be that lucky :wallbash: Its the motor itself.....it actually boiled the water. When I went to disconnect the water supply hose, my wrist and hand got scalded., complete short circuit,,,,and it didn't blow the fuse.

I user a Karcher pressure washer but couldn't tell you the exact model. I've had it years and it's still going strong.

To be fair, you don't need anything more than your average domestic pressure washer for a car. Certainly plenty of pressure to get under the arches and round the paintwork.

Although I do recommend the 90 degree lance Karcher do. Very good for getting under the car and removing salt in winter. :)

Mines yellow, black and plastic. I think that it's probably a Karcher but I've no idea of the number.

My boiler at home is a Worcester 42cdi, I was told that we didn't need a 42 but it must be better than the ones with a smaller number?

I used to be able to run hot water through the pressure washer, that was ace.

Couple of K4's on outlet at the moment. Both are refurbs; 1 at £95 the other at £130.

Can't go wrong at that price.

I bought a K4 from the outlet and it is as new. It is worth taking out the extended cover for £11 though just in case.
As above I also replaced the hose for a 10m one from ebay for around £15-20 so I can cover the whole car(s) without having to move the PW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom