• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Which Wax

Like most hard waxes, its advisable to do a panel at a time, i.e apply to bonnet, allow to haze over then buff off. If applied to whole car and then buffed off, it is hard to get off. Much easier with the shorted cure/bond time

Like most hard waxes, its advisable to do a panel at a time, i.e apply to bonnet, allow to haze over then buff off. If applied to whole car and then buffed off, it is hard to get off. Much easier with the shorted cure/bond time

That's what I do. I do wish the tin was more applicator friendly though, I find it a bit of a squeeze getting the sponge in. Also, my tin has gone rusty in the garage, so I keep having to remove rust from the wax - not good.

Though I am sure you guys are excellent at waxing. The one thing I learnt many years ago....never ever go near your car with belt/rivits in jeans or anything that can even think about scratching your paint work. I was in tears.

Though I am sure you guys are excellent at waxing. The one thing I learnt many years ago....never ever go near your car with belt/rivits in jeans or anything that can even think about scratching your paint work. I was in tears.

My poor old dad learnt that the hard way, when he'd bought a brand new van for his business. He was trying to squeeze down the between it and a fence and his belt buckle scratched all the way along the side. Boy, was he devastated, and mad! :mad::doh:

These days, when I was the car, I take off my watch, put on trousers that only require buttoning to keep decent, and wear a tee shirt. I did think of advertising for semi-naked college girls to come and do it, but 'Er Indoors wasn't too happy! :D

Over the years i have used many, many waxes, from Collinite to Swissvax.
For the past couple of years i have been using these 2 waxes from Inspired Automotive: Glassique and Exclusive.
I can honestly say £ for £ they are the best waxes out there at the moment.
Both waxes are easy on and off, and give all paint finishes, but especially metallics a massive wow factor when the sun its them.
They are a hard wax, and used over time they will prevent minor swirls from occuring, since using them on my customers daily drivers i have also seen a vast reduction in stone chips too on the front valence.
I know i hear you say, yeah!, yeah! heard it all before, but look at the post i did last month on Red 7.
That customer of the A7 and his next door neighbour have been so impressed with Glassique that they have already bought 2 x 200ml pots, £55 for 200ml.
Exclusive is more expensive at around £80+, but god its worth it, again easy on and easy off, but once cured and buffed it provides a rock hard finish that is like glass, again metallics pop and sparkle.
Anyway enough, dont know why i am passing my secrets on to you lot!, but if these waxes had Swissvax on the label they would be £400.
If enough are interested then i could enquire about a club discount voucher.
Think your car looks good now, try the above and see the comments you get from every body, you will not be dissapointed!!!!

Managed to get a coat of Collinite 845 on the E at the weekend. Of course it rained shortly after but beading is nice...

1_zpsqx5n5itc.jpg

Appreciate input so thought that I would feedback.....

Given the number of people who like this product - tried the Collinite 915.
Okay but initial impressions ar that not as good as the Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro - lacks the depth ie the DJ almost looks like a sheet of glass on the paintwork .
However, Collinite is much cheaper so prepared to see how it lasts.

Off to search ...... Inspired Automotive: Glassique and Exclusive. Next time that I travel to the USA will buy some Killerwaxx.

Last edited:
You will not be dissapointed with Exclusive. Word of warning, the oils used in the wax will dye your hands, so wear some nytrile gloves.
Do not use on a white car as stated, its formulated for dark colours only.

Poor boys all the way. Cheap and very high quality

Poor boys all the way. Cheap and very high quality

Lots of people swear by PB and so I will simply say my technique does not do this product justice. Eg. retried PB on one half and Meguairs "83" on the other, the Meguiars (Cleaner/Polisher) is much better (using my technique).
In fact just bought some Wheel Sealant (pink paste) for alloy wheels to justify buying PB products before I inadvertently dismiss this company.

You will not be dissapointed with Exclusive. Word of warning, the oils used in the wax will dye your hands, so wear some nytrile gloves.

You have convinced me to try this product. :thumb:.
Luckily cars are tanzanite and black - suspect this is part of the reason the Dodo Purple Haze is so effective - love it, as it makes the 4hours, prepare and finish worthwhile.

Last edited:
Gave my boot a clay to experiment with the clay glove worked a treat, unfortunately exposed a lot of scratches, tried some scratch stuff which improved it a bit. Only had some HD wax which has made it shine nice but still see the scatches.

A lot of different advice here but what would be best to hide the scratches on a dark blue car, other than a detail?

Gave my boot a clay to experiment with the clay glove worked a treat, unfortunately exposed a lot of scratches, tried some scratch stuff which improved it a bit. Only had some HD wax which has made it shine nice but still see the scatches.

A lot of different advice here but what would be best to hide the scratches on a dark blue car, other than a detail?

Autoglym super resin polish without a doubt before the wax - 2-3 coats of the polish too.

I agree with kasper very good wax for the price goes on and Off very easy with no effort

Wash, Clay, AG SRP + EGP

OK so the cars been washed, clayed, polished with AG Super Resin Polish topped with EGP. Looking to give it that final 'pop' its has one coat of P21S wax but I'm now out of that so its time for new product. Obsidian Black, thinking about Collinite either 845 or 915.

Opinion/suggestion/comment???

Collinite 915 makes the metal flakes really 'pop' on my Obsidian black CLS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom