Why do garages cause more problems?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizwen

Car
C32 AMG
The car started to make a high pitch noise from some where in the engine bay so I decided to get it checked ASAP.

Took to Benz at Derby as I have a 3rd party warranty. Dropped the car off and jumped in a brand new 350 CLS, only 500 miles on the clock, best loan car I've ever had!

Phone call from benz, water pump is faulty. No problem, covered item so they fix it. Another phone call, they've tested the car and the rear SAM unit if faulty. They ring warranty company and the fun begins...

They want proof of the cars last service and MOT. I ring them up and ask how long all this is going to take. Because it's an expansive item they are talking about sending a independant engineer to take a look.

It's been 11 days now, I just want my car back...fixed!!!

Has anyone ever taken a car into a garage and only ever had one problem?!?

It seems no matter how well you look after a car, keep on top of every niggle and squeek they always manage to find something wrong!

Are you sure they arent holding onto your car because they secretly need to repair the headlining or something else that they've damaged? :D

Slow on start up?

The SAM or the engine?

Doctors ruin your health
Dentists ruin your teeth
and
Mechanics ruin your car

(Johnsco's Law of vehicle maintenance)

We are not here to rip you off. We are just trying to make an living out of a difficult trade.

Doctors ruin your health
Dentists ruin your teeth
and
Mechanics ruin your car

(Johnsco's Law of vehicle maintenance)

You need some more data points on this.
Bad doctors ruin your health, good ones fix it
Bad dentists ruin your teeth, good ones fix them
Figure the last one out........

Now the trick is...........to know where to go.

It is only a joke, buddies.
There are obviously honourable and skilled practitioners in all three fields ... Several of them on this forum when it comes to vehicle maintenance.
And ... I have had my disasters - Like we all do !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom