Wildly different figures/claims when remapping an E350 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not super cheap - £350 without rolling road £450 with. I don't really see the point in doing it without, may as well just get a flash anywhere. They said they use the rolling road for live tweaks of the torque and power curves, if required, not just for the before/after numbers.

Done via OBD port.

Called insurer today (esure) and they wanted about £93 extra/year for a remap.

I expect that will become more troublesome when it's time to renew.

However, eSure were by far the cheapest when I got the policy, and even with the £93 extra a year it's still cheaper than what I paid last year.

Something to think on for a bit, though.

Called insurer today (esure) and they wanted about £93 extra/year for a remap.

I expect that will become more troublesome when it's time to renew.

I'm not so sure it will if that is all the difference it made right now...

Without reading the full thread, I had a tuning box on my C350 Cdi. Purchased from these guys:
ProDieselChip - Digital Diesel Chip Tuning Experts
Now - I have zero obligation to this company but...I have since purchased another 2 other cars etc.
With the C350 - torque was way better, power delivery was smoother and fuel consumption went from 43mpg to 51mpg. Since I sold the car, this is now on my Brothers C350 estate.
Similar with the A220. Mpg increased massively along with the torque.
When I called the insurance, they wanted an additional £12 for me and £26 for her.
Simple plug and play with no logging on the ECU and easily removed when required (service/warranty etc)
I understand the 'it's a box and a placebo' fraternity but, it worked for me (noticeably) and, for £125 worth a punt (with 14 day moneyback guarantee)

The mpg is a lie because the box is fooling fuel sensor information to the ecu so the ecu isn't accounting correctly the amount used , which is actually more .

The mpg is a lie because the box is fooling fuel sensor information to the ecu so the ecu isn't accounting correctly the amount used , which is actually more .
Wouldn't that depend on how he is measuring consumption?

True but irrelevant when there is this statement "fuel consumption went from 43mpg to 51mpg" , simply not possible , something is being fooled !

There was a thread somewhere , dash mpg Vs calculated and it concluded the dash was accurate as people gave a 0.5 - 2 mpg error .

Even Quinton got done .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Booked in next Tuesday 18th
at DC Remapping in Warrington for a re-map on my C207 350 cdi 265bhp, been thinking about this for ages, finally going for it :)
I know GAD or MSL are the favoured tuners on here, but there so far away, thought I'd
give DC a go, they get great reviews, I've been to the premises they certainly look the part, and the chap I spoke to, seemed to know what he was talking about, they do exactly the same as GAD or MSL do, you arrive, full diagnostic check to see if the cars ok, then a before dyno, then he said 2 to 3 hours to do the car properly, then an after dyno, With read out.
He's quoting approximately 300 bhp and 700 nm, so no silly claims. Price £325. :)

Just back from my re-map on my C207 350 cdi. And I have to say WOW it's like a rocketship, to me anyway, it wasn't exactly a slouch before, but now :eek::eek:.
So the figures are....
Mercedes 265bhp + 620NM
Before 268bhp + 629NM
After 299bhp + 714NM
So, 31bhp and 85NM gain :)
got to say, that'll do for me. :D:D
All for £325 Bargain!
20200218_121417.jpg
View attachment 92531 20200218_110610.jpg 20200218_113705.jpg 20200218_113620.jpg 20200218_113502.jpg20200218_113535.jpg 20200218_113200.jpg
Just going out now for a play. :rolleyes::)

Attachments

• 20200218_113535.jpg
    20200218_113535.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 5
Great, congrats! Let us know how much difference you can feel. Thanks for the pics :)

I just booked mine in to get the wheels done, so will be putting off the remap for little bit :(

By the way - I started this thread because of the 'wildly different' numbers that different re-mappers/tuning companies claim. The numbers you got were actually slightly LOWER than what GAD promise from the less powerful 231bhp/540NM engine... that's why I was suspicious about it.

Your numbers seem great, safe and 'correct' to me.

Enjoy!

Congrats. Good work.

Can someone help me understand why after the upgrade - less power loss at the wheels.

Good question - I don't know! I thought it would be a constant factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom