Wood or alli

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If i had the choice of anything id put in one of the Granites in the designo range :)

They look absolutely stunning :)

With luck I can do that,I will get some pictures,, you have got me thinking I could make this a "one off" special

With luck I can do that,I will get some pictures,, you have got me thinking I could make this a "one off" special
Have a word with a kitchen shop, I'm sure they could granite the heck out of your interior in no time! I was thinking the same thing for mine! :)

Have a word with a kitchen shop, I'm sure they could granite the heck out of your interior in no time! I was thinking the same thing for mine! :)

I do not think that you are serious,, some nice effects can be had by mist spray coats,, the nice thing is that if you do not like it you can do it again.

I hope to have the wood kit shortly

Many thanks to the folk here on this thread, the walnut trim was purchased and I have re finished it in black , though the finish I have done is slightly better than the MB finish it looks great, the side trims and the center were hand finished with 1500 paper,T cut and then plastic polish, but the wheel is just a gun finish.

Removing the steering wheel was impossible with a socket and long handle,,but the impact wrench at the garage undid it with ease

Thank you again

Attachments

• Picture 685.jpg
    Picture 685.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 73
looks really good , i prefer it with the wood.

MILES better and well done Malcom, a job well done for sure. All the hard work that you have put into getting that looking that good must have been well worth it. Looks like you saved a right bargain and added an additional option to your car so great stuff.

MILES better and well done Malcom, a job well done for sure. All the hard work that you have put into getting that looking that good must have been well worth it. Looks like you saved a right bargain and added an additional option to your car so great stuff.
The cost of doing it was nil as it was all old stock,,I spent longer cleaning a baby spray gun that I have not used in 15 years.

The actual time doing the job was about 6 hours including the fitting, though I could do another in a fraction of the time, the cost of buying it at £400.

The fit of the wood is much better than the alli ( quote Stats007)

Looks great Malcolm.

Judging by the size of the tissues in the before photo, you must have had one heck of a cold that day.

Nice one Malcolm, looks very good :)

I bet it feels just that bit more special, having done that by your own hand. I look forward to seeing at the GTG!

Nice one Malcolm, looks very good :)

I bet it feels just that bit more special, having done that by your own hand. I look forward to seeing at the GTG!
Thank you,,,I am happiest doing this sort of thing, I could do it all day long as it is creative and rewarding

Looks great Malcome.
As WN says - even more rewarding when there's you're time and effort has gone into it, rather than bought off the shelf.

I like it.

million times better...you are a braver man than I though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom