Wood Trim Mercedes W123 Series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pourquoipas

Car
Mercedes W123 200D
Good morning,
I have been browsing your excellent site and have one question which I hope someone can help me with and just comment to make on a post I noticed (albeit made a long time ago) concerning the value of a Mercedes W123 200D.
I own a W123 series 200D 1982 (pics attached) and have been driving this for over 10 years now. I live in SW France and often driver her over to the UK. Every trip I have ever made across the channel has been completely trouble free and I would just like to comment on the rather critical comments made about the speed of this model. She was after all, built mainly for motorwary cruising and is certainly not at home in urban conditions, country lanes etc. Get her on the motorwary however and my old 200 D can maintain a cruising speed of well over 120kms. However if it is acceleration you are looking for forget it as this is not a vehicle for boy racers that's for sure!
Now for my question. I am looking to get hold of some interior wood trim eg Zebrano as I want to replace all the switch panels, ashtray, dash trim as well as the main console with wooden trim. My problem is that whilst I can get hold of some wooden trim that definitely will fit eg the dashboard strips, ashtray, heater controls, the centre console is far more difficult. I only have one switch on this (the emergency indicator switch) whilst most of the parts available on the internet come from export models such as the 240 300 etc and these panels contain more switches.
Does anyone know where I can source wood trim that might be suitable for the 200D?
Many thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• 20150310_174305_HDR.jpg
    20150310_174305_HDR.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Merc front small.jpg
    Merc front small.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 29
What a beautiful color! Is that an original paint shade? The W123's had the most brilliant colors of any Mercedes model I've seen.

To answer your question, there are many breakers and parts suppliers in the UK. But the single best source for parts has to be Ebay. Try Ebay.co.uk. And if not luck there, try Ebay.de

Cheers!

You could also investigate whether the trim for the 116 will fit. A lot of it does or you may be able to adapt it. Mercman.net in Cornwall has parts for most Mercedes including the classics. I doubt if it is still available new but some is and you could ask [email protected] (Mercedes-Benz of Poole) who have a classics department. They were able to supply some exterior trim from the 123 which I wanted to use on my 116. It fitted perfectly.

Most of the new bits from MB now have the holes cut for all the options that were possible. That way they only need one pattern and supply blanking plates in black plastic for the unused holes. Not ideal. When I replaced some of the 124 trim I ended up getting switches off eBay for the options mine was missing.

Eeewbay is your friend. Plenty of breakers in the Uk and germany. Will take some time but they do come up. Install the app on your smartphone and setup a followed search, like this you will be notified when new bits show up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom