• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

worst motoring experience

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
finally bought myself a small van,pre registered fiat doblo cargo 1.3 multijet 75bhp.had ecu altered to give 110bhp..
bought from london on ebay so sunday travelled by train to london then drove home to manchester.6 hour journey with traffic using the toll road at birmingham.the doblo has to be the worst vehicle ive ever ever ever drove for a long distance in my life,noisy,rattly,terrible stereo at 75mph floor it and the engine tone changes but no more oomph.
as a van around town great ,serves its purpose 50mpg and cheap to buy but dont buy one as your only vehicle.
took 6 migrane tablets on way home..

ideal builders van around town but no good as a family car

You mean you drove the van version of one of these??

In public?? :eek:

Last edited:
You sure the ECU wasn't chipped to give 10bhp?

i'm starting to get paranoid about my postman pat van

Well, at least the blimmin thing didn't breakdown. Or crash.

Come to think of it i didn't enjoy my first trip in the w211 first time i drove it away from the dealer. It started raining, so i fiddled with the stalks, inadvertently caught the cruise, hit the speed limiter and spent the next 15 minutes restricted to 28 mph, alternately baffled and livid. I was convinced I'd bought a pup and was trying to turn round, rehearsing my speech to the salesman (after revving the thing in neutral like mad in a layby to see why it wouldn't do more 30) when i worked out what i'd done. Prat.

Cheers
ASH

Come on guys - be fair - don't you all think that you are being a bit harsh. Mercman was brave enough to come clean with his (somewhat bizarre) addiction to public ridicule the least we can do is support him through what is obviously going to be a very traumatic time. After all if no-one bought them - there would be no reason to make them would there?

i was going to ask if we had any car alarm installers on the forum in the manchester area but i know what stick i'll get.

What colour is it ?

My young brother is a chippie and he has one of those little 850cc vans with a max speed of 30mph when loaded, in all fairness as he says, he can get a door inside it and all of his sheet timber, and you cant do that with many bigger vans.

He does not have it sign written to stop any hate campaigns from people following him and the windows are tinted so that he cant be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom