worthwhile w124 e320 sportsline project at descent price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
as i said to yours should be other side of 10k, imho the sl60 was also keeper, if u want to sell quick etc, but if u r half hearted about selling then that is a different case and the above probably gettable at 7.5kish.

but these cars are rare and worth keeping due to rarity 320 i believe under 200 made, and sportsline are under 70 in rhd, how many in existence god knows, same like original diamond white is less than 7.

with these low nos the price must start to bounce up from min of 3k for projects

As always with the really good ones being hard to find it's nice to know they are not being given away, they are a lovely drive when set up properly - just done another 800 km journey in one day in mine - it drove like a dream. :):)

After a set of 205/65 15 91V Michelins - can't buy them here. Can you get them in the UK? No access to Michelin's UK web page from NZL unfortunately!

try getting clk w210 alloys with 16inch and try them the very last production in 1997 had them fitted, and they give much better ride, as for michelins are avail here, u can get them shipped but will cost the same as the tires i guess even with sea shipping

i guess taxes are high and need to be paid

205/65 15 91V Michelins are available in the UK new - yes...?

michelins are avail go to kwikfit.com and check i am sure one of the expert will come and report probably even get them at a discount now

205/65 15 91V Michelins are available in the UK new - yes...?

Yes, all over the place.

If you can't get Michelins, Conti Premium Contacts give a lovely ride on the W124 15s.

I'm only seeing 94 load index tyres, was trying for 91. They are a little more accommodating of the Cabriolets unique characteristics...

Here's some 91s .

Having just changed my Alpina tyres to 91 (the correct load factor) from 97s (idiot who put them on needs shooting) I know what you mean.

I always found the Premium contacts to have a better ride than Michelins on my W124s

That's why it's only 8500 - the sonic boom does tend to remove parts that have been improperly fitted and with this one there appears to be not too many.

Probably pick it up sub £4k?

Seals always seem so expensive ? Someone somewhere is making a lot of money from rubber..

Door seals won't be cheap. I think it is one seal and is integral to the windscreen, north of £800 for the seal itself, and not an easy job.

Have you done this and if so would you mind doing a small write up...??

Have you done this and if so would you mind doing a small write up...??

No, but I had a miniscule trickle down the passenger door card after being left in pouring rain overnight, emanating from where the mirror butts up to the door seal (or possibly through the mirror itself). This was what prompted my enquiry after I first bought the car, about eight/nine years ago. That's when I was quoted about £700 for the seal, so it's probably a lot dearer than £800 now. They (MD) apparently had no references in workshop manuals to quote the job of replacing it, and no experience of having done it before, so it's unknown territory, but quite involved, as you would see.

In my case, I put a little sliver of non-slip rubber matting into the lip of the door seal behind where it makes contact with the mirror, which seems to have worked, but the car is always garaged and never intentionally used in the wet, so not been tested properly. I used the car yesterday for the first time since September, so will give it a soak at some point, and check the mirror properly. At 57k, the seals appear as they should, offering good resistance to the doors and windows, so I'm in no rush for unnecessary major surgery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom