Yellow? Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep, definitely, looks great. 😎🙂👍

I'd be put off not by the colour, but because the IMS bearing wasn't replaced while the gearbox was out. As they were 'inspecting' it, how much extra would it have cost to replace it?
I did see that… bit weird isn’t it considering how much is known about it. You can’t tell by glancing over it!

It’s going to turn some people off entirely, but it can carry it off quite well can’t it?!
It's like on a Ferrari, I would have Yellow every time. Yellow is a correct colour for a Ferrari by the way, just look at the logo. :)

At this age and mileage, it will be like driving a time bomb if the IMS bearing has not been changed. If it goes, the car is probably a write off. So allow £1500/2000 off the price to have it done properly. PS I like the colour!

I thought at first it was a bit garish.
Said the bloke who drives a bright orange Jeep.
Now I really like it.
I think it looks like a nice honest car, but definitely need to check the IMS bearing or make allowance for it.

The yellow seems popular! I don’t think the IMS has been done

Normally I'd run a mile from yellow but on that car I think it works. Like in Fiat Coupe's. Maybe some of the early press cars were yellow? As SLK's were IIRC.

Anyway it's a 3.2 S with the right wheels. Tick.

IMS not done though. Big cross.

Looks great.

I’ve had 2 yellow cars - a Scimitar, and a Legacy GTB.

The other upside is they are easy to spot in a carpark, :cool:
go for it :rock:

I don't mind yellow....on a small fun car why not?.....dont think Id be quite so keen if it was a yellow S Class!
I've only ever had one yellow car....my 92 Integrale.......I'm at work so have no pics...but looked like this...

1658657272553.png

Last edited:
Normally I'd run a mile from yellow but on that car I think it works. Like in Fiat Coupe's. Maybe some of the early press cars were yellow? As SLK's were IIRC.

Anyway it's a 3.2 S with the right wheels. Tick.

IMS not done though. Big cross.
Would you run a mile from a Yellow Ferrari ? On a Ferrari I would choose Yellow every time over Red :cool::)

I don't mind yellow....on a small fun car why not?.....dont think Id be quite so keen it it was a yellow S Class!
I've only ever had one yellow car....my 92 Integrale.......I'm at work so have no pics...but looked like this...

View attachment 129986
🤤🤤🤤

Last edited:
Just to add to this Porsche's of that era were still owned by the vw audi group were they not?

The early yellow colour was prone to fading. Looks similar to the yellow Skoda and Seat used [skoda lemon yellow] [seat ovni yellow] and these were prone to fading so you may not be safe with that yellow as looks v similar to my untrained eye
My lad had (until recently) a tricked-out Octavia vRS in yellow (black roof and mirrors) - looked the business, and the paint was OK if you looked after it.
I like little sports cars in yellow.

Would you run a mile from a Yellow Ferrari ? On a Ferrari I would choose Yellow every time over Red :cool::)

I'd like a blue 308 GT4, BB or Daytona.

I struggle with yellow sometimes. Once had an Alfa Spider in a sort of primrose yellow. It was rank. I prefer a proper egg yolk yellow.

That ALFA Spider would have been Zoe yellow.......very sought after now due to its rarity....

1658664504952.png

At this age and mileage, it will be like driving a time bomb if the IMS bearing has not been changed. If it goes, the car is probably a write off. So allow £1500/2000 off the price to have it done properly. PS I like the colour!
Quite the opposite in fact.
General consensus seems to be that at high mileage, if it hasn’t gone it will be fine. When they go it’ll have happened at a much lower mileage.
Check the service history and if it’s had regular oil changes it’ll probably be ok. Probably.

I got mine done as a precaution.

My son-in-law has a bright yellow SLK, with yellow and black leather interior.

I had a Lime Yellow Saab 93 convertible, so in answer to post #1, it’s a yes from me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom