• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Smart Roadster Brabus Xclusive

Wow, a very clean example. I have one but its the roadster coupe, with a lot more milage but that's because it's such fun to drive and it was my daily driver for quite a while. Apart from the rims, which I left for some time with brake dust the rest of the car is beautiful. I wanted to keep mine but due to downsizing I will be losing our multi car garage so the roadster has to go. At 67 it's a little more difficult to get in and out of so I bought an W124 E220 convertible last year as a project. You can have so much fun in these cars, and they are cheap to run. Enjoy it and drive it, no fun with it sitting around.
Thank you for your message and wise words. They are indeed great fun to drive. They aren’t easy to get in and out of, especially when you can’t open the door fully, so I completely understand why the W124 appeals so much. I’d love to see it - please do post photos if you can.

I’ll leave this here @MikeInWimbledon be quick though!

Service history is very gappy which may be holding back the bids - well that and the very very limited market for them!.

Seems like a bit of a bargain at the moment.

Tempted myself but Mrs D would have something to say and it wouldn’t be “brilliant!”.
Looking at the ad reminds me - do you have a second key for yours and does it work?
There is a known algorithm problem with smart keys that means they will in time lose their connection to the car.

Mastered left foot braking in yours BD? With the somewhat laggy throttle response of the Suprex, LFB makes a world of difference.

Looking at the ad reminds me - do you have a second key for yours and does it work?
There is a known algorithm problem with smart keys that means they will in time lose their connection to the car.
I do have two keys - the other is still in the little bag it was delivered to the dealer in when the car was new. and he showed me both keys work. I was planning on buying another as the lock button rubber is very torn and will get worse with use.
Mastered left foot braking in yours BD? With the somewhat laggy throttle response of the Suprex, LFB makes a world of difference.
Not tried, but now you have the planted the seed!

Service history is very gappy which may be holding back the bids - well that and the very very limited market for them!.
Tempted myself but Mrs D would have something to say and it wouldn’t be “brilliant!”.

(No Peugeot 405's were injured in the making of this non-CGI video)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JHS
Amazingly, unsold at over £11.2k. Which seems a little "demanding" by the seller.

Yours was delightful, full of history, and could be driven before handing over the suitcase of used fivers. I have bought - very carefully, at auction, after very close inspection - but I really couldn't bring myself to giving money away to Edward Lovett, without being very certain of what's going on first. (See the saga of "Chris Harris and his BMW E61 M5")

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 19.49.11.png

Last edited:
Amazingly, unsold at over £11.2k. Which seems a little "demanding" by the seller.

Yours was delightful, full of history, and could be driven before handing over the suitcase of used fivers. I have bought - very carefully, at auction, after very close inspection - but I really couldn't bring myself to giving money away to Edward Lovett, without being very certain of what's going on first. (See the saga of "Chris Harris and his BMW E61 M5")

View attachment 158173
Ooooh is there news of what caused the break up then?

Ooooh is there news of what caused the break up then?
As far as I know it’s all about Chris doing his new TV series. But some might wonder whether chris was ever cut out to be a multi continent car auction sales man…

But allegedly Chris will continue to a podcast with some of his old mates, just not on the collecting cars brand.

(The E61 M5 saga is just that classic tale of someone buying an old high performance motor and being surprised that it hadn’t just been driven by a little old lady to Church on Sunday…)

Last edited:
I was passing a school at drop off time this morning, and was first in the line of cars waiting for children and parents to cross with the lollipop lady.

A young boy said to his Mom, “Wow is that a Ferrari?” in an excited tone, and his Mom replied “No, it’s just a Smart” in a miserable tone!

I was impressed that she knew what it is, most people have no idea. Well she almost knew what it is, because I didn’t hear her say:

It’s a Smart Roadster Brabus Xclusive Phase 1.5 No-Navi with push button start and rare factory boot mounted luggage rack and hard top options.

😀

If you really want to go all in on a Smart Roadster:

I was passing a school at drop off time this morning, and was first in the line of cars waiting for children and parents to cross with the lollipop lady.
A young boy said to his Mom, “Wow is that a Ferrari?” in an excited tone, and his Mom replied “No, it’s just a Smart” in a miserable tone!
I was impressed that she knew what it is, most people have no idea. Well she almost knew what it is, because I didn’t hear her say:
It’s a Smart Roadster Brabus Xclusive Phase 1.5 No-Navi with push button start and rare factory boot mounted luggage rack and hard top options.
😀
Would these help?

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 16.02.46.png

Blimey, the RCR is rare - and that’s very low mileage - but that’s a lot of money!

Fwiw all that red is too gaudy imho, I personally far prefer the one our forum's barista has

Booked in for a B-service, air filter, combi filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, and coolant which I believe is every additional item. Explaining that I wanted items not yet due was a challenge too!
I received a call at 1700 telling me that the spark plugs and air filters are still on back order with no expected date, so I’ve rebooked for a week or two down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom