Yet another kwikfit suck thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
Just what any forum needs, more kwikfit bashing. I normally wouldn't even bother posting this, as I normally assume everyone has a bad day now and again and most things can be overlooked if they're innocent mistakes. To balls up a basic oil change though?

I checked online for the price of an oil service, 34.95. Marvelous, cheaper than the price of buying oil and doing it myself. Tried to book online, but it seems only interim and full services can be booked online. No problem, call them up to see if they can fit it in. This was Friday morning. The response was bring it in saturday morning 8:30 and they'd try and fit it in.

Arrive saturday morning at 8:30 to be told they didn't have a filter but could get one by 10am and they'd give me a call when it arrived. Off home I go.

By 11:30, no call, so i call them to be told the filter arrived and why hadn't I bought the car back yet? no big deal, busy saturday blah blah blah.

Leave the car with them and come back an hour later to be told they couldn't get the oil filter cap off and my choice was to have the old oil put back and no charge, or put the new oil in and carry on as normal. I tell them to put old oil back in and I'll do the job myself. While watching the trained monkey attempting to put the oil back I realise he'd drained the oil into a container which already had 30 odd litres of other peoples oil and was about to give me a hideous mess of whatever came out of the communcal catch can first.

No problem, I tell them to put the new oil in and I'll live with it as a lesson learned.

They then proceeded to charge me 44.95 insisting the 34.95 is only for online bookings. No arguing or proof to the contrary will convince them otherwise so I pay up 10 quid more that I expected for half a job.

While driving home I notice the oil pressure gauge is twitching on a staitionary tickover. Check the oil level and it's 3-4mm over max on the dipstick.

Total monkeys.

While there I was also watching the tyre fitters, who despite claims to the contrary were still using air impact guns to tighten wheel nuts.

Having recently had the same centre do an MOT which was fine, I can't believe they could balls up a simple oil change so badly.

Rant over.

Call customer service?

I've always had decent service, but it depends on the local managers I think

Why did you pay them?!!I would not have given them a penny

+1

Like any of these sorts of places, they are only ever as good as the people who are working there. Have only ever had good service on the occasions where I've used them.

Complain to the head office, maybe get a refund on the oil?

Kwik Fit have never been a problem to me.

Kwik fit - never again.Been there once well overpriced,horrible tyre fitters.

Kwik Fit I use one in hull best tyre fit :thumb:

Never used them. Always go to Tony at WIM/Black Boots - brilliant service!

Well they scratched my wheels, didn't use plastic holders for the wheel (some wheels require to have tyres fitted upside down-they didn't know that too).When balancing spinned the wheel ones,put weight on back on car.....nope you spin the wheel untill it show 0.00 weight to be added.To my friend they said new tyres on wheel doesn't need to be balanced???? Is the wheel new too????
For tracking they will not put your steering wheel in straight position-they say we don't do it as long tracking is ok it's not nesesarry??????
Useless
Maybe it's up to management to employ and train all staff propely-most don't care

I've had a couple of bad dealings with them in the past so took the car to a different place when i took my car in for the oil service a couple of months ago. They were great - admittedly i did have a Mercedes enthusiast deal with my car (he had a W126) - they had ordered the wrong filter in, but rectified this by getting another one ordered and sent over by taxi (this was on a Sunday too)! Also topped up my anti-freeze & gave me the remaining oil as well.

What would happen if you said you agreed on a job being done and you dont want the contaminated oil put back in....

happy to pay agreed online price for job completed..... not paying for job not done....

what would happen?

My golden rule is: if I get bad service, I walk and I don't go back.
And you guessed it: If I get good service I stay with them. My local tyre centre TYRES of NORTHAMPTON ask for Elvis, yer really.

The only exception to this rule has been my local MB dealer. After they bumped the price of a service and MOT with work I didnt need Thw best I could do was to go to another MB dealer as I still value the MB stamp in my service book.

terrible place, went there today in my farm subaru for an engine fault diagnostics reading (engine manangement light was on)

Booked in for 10, arrived at about 9.55 and checked in with my wife. Told the car would be hooked to computer soon and once they found the fault they would quote to do the job.

45min later still sitting there with a waiting room full of people. Fitter could be heard swearing in background and what one got up to in the cinema carpark after taking his gfriend to see tintin last night.

20minutes later, I asked what was going on as my car had not even been seen yet. Was told they would be on to it in the next 10 minutes. Bloke who spoke to me was very obvioulsy eyeing my wife up, he went out back and could be seen speaking to 2 others, who one at a time, came through to the waiting area for no other reason except to eye her up :eek:((

When car was seen 1.25hr later, they without even plugging the car in said that their computer could not read error codes off any subaru before 2005 (mine was and '02 and told them what it was when I initially booked the time). I could not believe it, I was more or less speechless by how useless they were.

Never going there again. They being a big name spend loads on advertising by preying on peoples insecurities. I noticed most in the waiting room were women who wanted a paticular job done, but the fitters kept finding more and coming back to them in the waiting area suggesting these addnl jobs were done as could pose a danger

Terrible place

The old saying is still true. You can't get shi**er than a kwik fit fitter.

Besides which their prices are outrageous. £216 each for tyres on the Range Rover, exactly the same ones I can get for £161 at the indy up the road.

The tyre/wheel guy at Mercedes Macclesfield is actually a Kwik fit employee. I've had a couple of tyres from him recently, Conti 3's on rear. I shopped around some, and he was within £5 of the cheapest quote. He seems to be the only fitter that can get the balance on my wheels spot on also. I'm happy :bannana:

The thing about these places which bugs me every time is the standard of the waiting room. They are all diabolical and have shown no investment for years.

All they would need to do is rip out some of the dirty seating and put in some hot desking. Add Wifi, and instead of being stuck there getting cheesed off you can get on with some work.

Surely the fleet market would eat it up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom