Yet another Road Trip in our W164 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
This weekend I've booked our second European (family) Road Trip in the ML63, not really a grand tour this time, far fewer miles than our last jaunt, but four completely different holidays squeezed into a week and a bit:

1. Manchester: 2 days and 1 night for Mom & Dad (only) time
2. Paris: 2 days and 2 nights for food & fashion
2. Euro Disney: 4 days and 3 nights for fun & frolics
3. Le Touqet: 2 days and 2 nights for beach & spa

Suggestions for good places to visit and great places to eat along the way or close to any of the stop overs - including Manchester! - would be much appreciated :thumb:

I would really love a couple of recommendations for breakfast in Paris. With a week and half hotel breakfasts, I'm determined to find an amazing boulangerie or patisserie whilst we're there.

Any suggestions for great places to eat in Manchester (lunch & dinner)?

Any suggestions for the best places to eat in Paris with children? Especially interested in pattiserries, and boulangeries!

Dinner in Manchester now booked: I found out James Martin has a restaurant there, and Mrs D thinks he and his deserts are both rather tasty, so that's where we're off too.

Suggestions for great boulangerie or patisserie in Paris much appreciated.

When in Paris we like Angelina's on the Rue de Rivoli for lunch, Carette on the Place de Trocadero for coffee and macaroons, Fontaine du Mars on Rue saint-dominique for supper. Breakfast I can't help you with, as our usual hotel has croissants to die for.

Enjoy your trip!

We usually stay at the Hotel Splendid in the 7er. Pretty basic, but you can see the Tour Eiffel from your bedroom window. The first and last places are within a short walk. Angelina's is a bit more of a trot, through the Orangerie. We try to go every other year, and routinely wear out a pair of shoes per visit!

I proposed to my wife underneath the very centre of the Eiffel tower. You can think of me while you stand there looking up!

Just had a look at some of the reviews...

I think the trick in Paris is to try to speak in French, even if you are not great at it. I find that waiting staff appreciate it much more if you make an effort.
I expect you are fluent Bobby!

Have a great trip.

Are you driving in to Paris?

I've always bottled out but would be keen to hear how you get on, the terripheque (Périphérique) was bit of a handful and put me off going right in to the centre.

Au Petit Riche in Montmartre. Traditional, full of character, yet good value and not pretentious. Try the cheeses - 15 different ones, the waiter will arrange a sliver of each in a spiral, starting from mild to strong. Fab!

Just had a look at some of the reviews...

I think the trick in Paris is to try to speak in French, even if you are not great at it. I find that waiting staff appreciate it much more if you make an effort.

I expect you are fluent Bobby!

:thumb:

Mais oui Rodney, Mais oui

;)

Are you driving in to Paris?

I've always bottled out but would be keen to hear how you get on, the terripheque (Périphérique) was bit of a handful and put me off going right in to the centre.

That's the certainly the plan!! :crazy:

I'll report back on how it went :D

James Martin's restaurant in Manchester is absolutely fantastic and you will have a great time.

Le Touqet one of my favourite places and I'm not really a fan of France unless its Le Mans :D but Le Touqet is just one of those special places, it's also a favourite of Tony Blair, Pete Waterman and Roger Daltry and we've seen 2 out of the 3 on our various times there.

Paris I spend a lot of time there as one of my customers has their global HQ near the University. Unfortunately I hate the place with a passion but always drive there and never have any reeal issues you just have to know where to park, I always use the underground one near the Uni.

Happy holidays thats a great trip you have lined up and a great vehicle to do it in :thumb:

I proposed to my wife underneath the very centre of the Eiffel tower. You can think of me while you stand there looking up!

I was in Paris (for work, rather than fun) a coke of weeks ago, and I stood under the tower at midnight.

After being surprised by the light show, I did indeed think of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom