Yoofs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why was the Merc Driver heading for the Rear wheel or Undrneath the Trailer of a Stationary Artic?:rolleyes:

Initial contact all likelhood due to "drift" the correct term is "target fixation" which in the current circumstances would not bode well. "Target fixation" is when we "subconsciously move" towards something/hazard. MB driver probably saw the cyclist in door mirror or coming alongside and whilst thinking "what the ###k" stated to drift toward.

Secondary contact seems to be to "box in" after collision to try and contain.

Reactions: 219
Initial contact all likelhood due to "drift" the correct term is "target fixation" which in the current circumstances would not bode well. "Target fixation" is when we "subconsciously move" towards something/hazard. MB driver probably saw the cyclist in door mirror or coming alongside and whilst thinking "what the ###k" stated to drift toward.

Secondary contact seems to be to "box in" after collision to try and contain.
From the video , there was certainly at least one other bike person on his right , of whom he was probably more aware than the one on his left , and given the bigger space there and behaviour of the others , including the white shirted one who had just gone through on his back wheel , it is quite possible that mr blue shirt was also ‘doing a wheelie’ alongside his drivers door , in all probability accompanied by others since there is a posse of them in the video following the collision ; if that were the case it might be only natural for the driver to have focused his attention on that side and be completely unaware of the other one coming up on his left , where no right minded person would expect him to be or to attempt to go .

It is very clear from the video that this group were playing games with other traffic and out to cause confrontations with as many other road users as possible . They clearly caused the situation deliberately and must bear responsibility for it ; other road users shouldn’t have to dodge this way and that to avoid them , and when they end up under someone’s wheels they will have no one to blame but themselves .

The way this is going it is just a matter of time until at least one of them ends up dead , and it is most unlikely they have any insurance to cover the cost of damage they do to other vehicles .

There’s also a good chance they will hurt pedestrians doing this .

They are morons , all of them .

Last edited:
As the responsible adult in the scenario the guy could have just slowed up and avoided the conflict.

As the responsible adult in the scenario the guy could have just slowed up and avoided the conflict.

This! Time and time again I see accidents where part, not all, of the problem is neither party backing down. Would it really have pained the driver that much to have slowed down and left a gap. When we were at school we were told two wrongs do not make a right. Seems lost on many now

This! Time and time again I see accidents where part, not all, of the problem is neither party backing down. Would it really have pained the driver that much to have slowed down and left a gap. When we were at school we were told two wrongs do not make a right. Seems lost on many now
That's a big assumption that the driver was even aware of anyone on his left, due to the amount of cyclists passing on his right.
That makes it an even more suicidal move for the cyclist to head for a space that was rapidly disappearing with driver distracted by all his mates on the other side.

Easy to say what 'ideally' could have been done sat looking at what we can see on the video. But surrounded by a number of tnats behaving in what I would pervieve as being an intimidating fashion, to concentrate on all of it and avoid all of their suicycle antics is expecting a lot.
When half asleep moving at a snails pace in nose to tail you are surrounded by this lot, moving faster and erratically. Some, or a lot of disorientation / confusion of the driver is reasonable.
The responsibility was theirs to avoid those that were plodding along, even though we all have responsibility to avoid a collision.

Aye, I would have felt more sympathy for the wagon driver had he compacted the yoof and cycle together.

My “yoof” choice of bike was a Mongoose BMX which I could never get the hang of pulling long wheelies, much easier with a larger frame like a mountain bike.
Mongoose, eh? Posh :cool:

LGUj7H2.jpg

he driver did nothing wrong , given the distraction of so many of those idiots dicing with death among so many other vehicles ; there is no evidence he was even aware of the idiot undertaking suicidally on his left ; but it is very clear that said idiot deliberately set out to squeeze into an impossible gap , and came a cropper as anyone would see he was about to .

The overwhelming body of opinion , both on social media and in the press , as well as here is that the stupid moron on the bike was the author of his own misfortune , and from reports of his youtube channel this is not an isolated incident : he went out looking to cause incidents such as this one .

No one to blame but him , and if he keeps on at it he won't live long .

His life expectancy would be even shorter in Glasgow , where the driver would give him a gook kicking for that , if not worse .

Equally , it wold not have pained the idiot on bike to give some thought to his own mortality ; the driver did nothing wrong , it was entirely the moron on the bike at fault . End of .

He either wasn't paying attention & must have missed seeing all the other wheelie-ing cyclists as they went by or was looking for a confrontation.

You don't know what his situational awareness was or was not.

What we do know is that a cyclist pulling a wheelie filters through traffic, carries out an undertake in an unorthodox manner, and thre is an avoidable collison with a car while in close proximity to a truck.

This isn't a 50:50 as you've suggested elsewhere. On the evidence provided it's clearly a reckless cyclist causng an accident. It is possible that the car driver could have handled the situation better but that's not something the cyclist or any other driver should actually rely on.

Ultimately the cyclists were being a bunch of t*ssers. Filming themselves riding unsafely, weaving through traffic and generally being obnoxious. Yet they're all up in arms when someone eventually reacts to them.

As for the driver, well he could and I say could have had a cyclists in his right hand mirror and next thing you know he's got Wheelie Div on his left just as he moves aside for the ones on his right.

Again he could, have just been annoyed that they're riding like idiots and decided to block Wheelie Div and it all went from there.

The adult thing to do would be let them get on with it and carry on with your day but it might have been an accident.

The cyclists are the ones instigating the issue though, clearly out to film themselves being 'awesome' when to the general public they're being obnoxious. Either they think they're invulnerable and no one will dare stand up to them or react and then lose their cool then the 'yoofs' act all shocked and aggressive when it happens.

Reminds me of a situation on my own road. I live near a school so you get groups of kids around at the end of the day. I'm driving back onto my road and come round a corner at about 15mph to be confronted with 4-5 kids standing in the middle of the road. I slowly drive past them and they're making faces and generally ar$ing about. I park up and am chatting to my neighbour and in that time another car goes past the other way, maybe doing 20-25mph. Well one of the idiot kids steps back and gets hit by the car. Fortunately nothing more than a nasty bruise and a bruised ego.

What was the kids reaction to this? Not, 'we were stood in the road like idiots' but, 'we're the victims and how dare that driver be driving on the road' and in turn it takes me and my neighbour to pull these 15/16 year olds away from the 65+ year old driver which they're not pushing around like he's started a fight with them.

When you have a mindset like that, which is basically saying I'll do what ever I want and there'll be no consequences, rightly or wrongly it will end in conflict at some point!

At the end of the day , the driver may get a minor dent in his metal , and stretching it a bit , a day in court , either of which he will put behind himself , but the idiot pedestrians or bike plebs might very well end up crippled or dead , for a very long time .

At the end of the day , the driver may get a minor dent in his metal , and stretching it a bit , a day in court , either of which he will put behind himself , but the idiot pedestrians or bike plebs might very well end up crippled or dead , for a very long time .
As opposed to?

No going to involve myself too much in this thread, but I will just say this:

The kids on the bikes are idiots and set out to do nothing but harass road users.
They know what they’re doing and should not get any sympathy for any incidents that are ultimately caused by themselves.

We can argue all day long about who we feel is in the wrong based on the video footage, but the simple fact is, it would never have happened if the cyclist wasn’t be a ****.

Drivers have to act responsibly on the roads.
And so should cyclists.
No sympathy from me, mr “yo, yo, yo, oh my daaaays bruv” :rolleyes:

Prats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom