Zymol or Meguiars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beading

Glojo, this should satisfy your obsession on beading :) Problem is with NXT all the beads run off as the surface is so slick. So here is a picture after a bit of rain.

Attachments

• NXT 4.jpg
    NXT 4.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 74
Goldfish11 said:
Glojo, this should satisfy your obsession on beading :) Problem is with NXT all the beads run off as the surface is so slick. So here is a picture after a bit of rain.

Thanks,
That's the critta's. Now when they dried it used to leave little brown 'dust' type circles.

Do you suffer the same fate? (My spelling is getting terrible).

glojo said:
Thanks,
That's the critta's. Now when they dried it used to leave little brown 'dust' type circles.

Do you suffer the same fate? (My spelling is getting terrible).

I cant remember seeing these, perhaps you need to live in a cleaner atmosphere ;) . The best bit with NXT is when you drive off and you can watch all the ball bearings (beading) running up the bonnet. Got so facinated by this I nearly ran into the rear of someone! So perhaps Zymol has an advantage in that it is a safer wax, less distracting while you drive :rolleyes:

Hehe nice try. The same effect occurs with Zymol...

Had a number of passengers ask 'How does that happen !?'

Used to get a similar effect with Autoglym High Gloss stuff. Although nothing like as durable a finish (used to wear off after about 10 days)

This effect happens with all waxes. Try waxing the screen, it's fascinating to watch the droplets as you drive in the rain with the wipers off, and if done right it also reduces smearing.

After the car has been standing, first time I brake after driving for a short distance the water pours off the bonnet, hits the bumper and splashes back onto the screen. Anyone else notice this?

Ok, I know you get the same beading effect with most waxes and sealants. I use Autoglym as a winter treatment. The NXT is a bit of a show off wax. NXT does have stuff to promote beading in it.

Autoglym Super resin and then a coat of AG Extra Gloss can last up to 6 months if applied correctly. I did mine with Auto Glym back in September and it should get me through the winter. Remember Autoglym is a sealant not a wax and is generally best for winter because it seals the surface of the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom