• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

£234 for gearbox service for mercedes w211 from merce Indi.

mondotex

Car
Mercedes e class w211 e280 cdi saloon
Hi All,
I had a quotation from Indi for gearbox service £234, i think is a good price?

Also I want to know if the do gearbox flush or normal?
Or should I ask them tomorrow,

Sorry for asking this is a first time my car needs a gearbox service.

Thanks.

Who is doing the ATF service? If its SPR in Stockport I'd be pleased. They post videos on You tube of various workshop jobs and he is very thorough.
I don't know of anyone who does a gearbox flush when servicing the transmission.
If you have the 7 speed transmission its a decent price.

Hi All,
I had a quotation from Indi for gearbox service £234, i think is a good price?

Also I want to know if the do gearbox flush or normal?
Or should I ask them tomorrow,

Sorry for asking this is a first time my car needs a gearbox service.

Thanks.
What would you expect them to flush it with ?

Most just drain and fill oil along with a new filter .

Some do the torque converter oil also , but not all , not even mb .

Price is good 👍.

Assuming it's all in, including parts and labour, which is a great price 👍

Who is doing the ATF service? If its SPR in Stockport I'd be pleased. They post videos on You tube of various workshop jobs and he is very thorough.
I don't know of anyone who does a gearbox flush when servicing the transmission.
I'm presently considering whether I need to do a trans oil change (pending promised service history report) on my new (to me) 2018 E Class 220, w213 Automatic. For my 2 previous Mercs, 2010 and 2014, I changed all the oils, as a matter of course. I've watched several U tube Videos on the process, and it seems to be straight forward enough. But in one video, where only the transmission fluid was changed, and not the torque converter, I queried this and was informed that it was recommended by Mercedes Benz not to change the torque converter fluid. Having said that, I have always believed that engine/transmission fluids and filters are changed precisely to clean the fluid and prevent harmful particles from destroying the moving parts. So has anyone on the forum heard of this partial fluid change, as recommended by Mercedes-Benz?

I had quotation from Deutsche Autohaus Ltd,
Thanks for mentioning SPR, (didn't know about them)
On there website it does come at £250 for ATF service also the have option for 7g software update for £100, is worth software update?

I'm presently considering whether I need to do a trans oil change (pending promised service history report) on my new (to me) 2018 E Class 220, w213 Automatic. For my 2 previous Mercs, 2010 and 2014, I changed all the oils, as a matter of course. I've watched several U tube Videos on the process, and it seems to be straight forward enough. But in one video, where only the transmission fluid was changed, and not the torque converter, I queried this and was informed that it was recommended by Mercedes Benz not to change the torque converter fluid. Having said that, I have always believed that engine/transmission fluids and filters are changed precisely to clean the fluid and prevent harmful particles from destroying the moving parts. So has anyone on the forum heard of this partial fluid change, as recommended by Mercedes-Benz?
Mb believe the friction materials in the oil from the clutch plates help to prolong the drive power and avoid slippage in the clutches,.maybe a mega miles thing , but there is a reason for it

Last edited:
I had quotation from Deutsche Autohaus Ltd,
Thanks for mentioning SPR, (didn't know about them)
On there website it does come at £250 for ATF service also the have option for 7g software update for £100, is worth software update?
Ask them what benefit a software update will be for your £100 ?

Ask them what benefit a software update will be for your £100 ?

I don't think there's a straightforward answer, but I have always updated the software for the engine ECU and transmission TCU when an update was available ('Dieselgate' not withstanding). The dealer (Brooklands) charged me £60 for this when done during a service.

Mb believe the friction materials in the oil from the clutch plates help to prolong the drive power and avoid slippage in the clutches,.maybe a mega miles thing , but there is a reason for it
I could understand that, if the whole system, trans and TC were flushed, but maybe not so much with a straight exchange of new for old Fluid, and no flushing in volved. + The TC has its own drain plug, so MB included draining it as part of its service requirements. Something tells me that I will be opting for the complete change, trans + TC. Meanwhile, does anyone have a list of what is performed at each service, and the recommended service intervals?

I could understand that, if the whole system, trans and TC were flushed, but maybe not so much with a straight exchange of new for old Fluid, and no flushing in volved. + The TC has its own drain plug, so MB included draining it as part of its service requirements. Something tells me that I will be opting for the complete change, trans + TC. Meanwhile, does anyone have a list of what is performed at each service, and the recommended service intervals?
Mb don't and won't drain the tc on a tranny service , drain plug or not 👍👍
Neither do most indies . You have to ask for it and it's more money 😁

Surprise, surprise!!!! More money......Well, I'm old school, so I guess that while I'm so deep into the job, a few more nuts and bolts won't really inconvenience me all that much. At a guess, I'd say that draining the TC on the 2018 w213 trans, is pretty much like doing the same job on the w212, which I have done in the past.

MB Brooklands most certainly did drain the TC on my 7G+ transmission. As Justintyme said, there's a drain plug on the 7G+ TC. Whether an MB dealer will drain the TC on transmissions without a TC drain plug, I don't know.

Some TC's have no drain plug and the transmission has to be pressurised to get it all out and/or cooler lines need to be disconnected and fresh fluid pumped through, taking that with most transmissions the car will have to be up in the air during this operation it ties up a lift for quite a while .

For this reason some will just drop the sump , clean the magnet , pop a new filter in and fill it up . 722.6 ? about five + litres , full job ? 8 plus litres.

Even with a TC drain plug it can be more time consuming.

MB Brooklands most certainly did drain the TC on my 7G+ transmission. As Justintyme said, there's a drain plug on the 7G+ TC. Whether an MB dealer will drain the TC on transmissions without a TC drain plug, I don't know.

Did you Google that 😅😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom