107 Prop coupling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
Checked the 107 propshaft last week. Found this...

P1020594.jpg

Not even a slight noise or judder when driving it. Glad I looked now. New coupling from Merc... £95.00 + vat..:(

Wow, that looks really bad.

Glad you found that before it caused a major problem. :thumb:

Looks like your timing is better than mine lol!
Although I think mine went because the diff mounting bolt snapped...:(

£95? I've seen Lemforder ones for £60, I thought they were OEM?

cheers!

Last edited:
The Lemforder ones that EuroCP sell are OK for the rear and they list the same part number for the front but the actual front one is totally different.
The kit that Merc sell is identical to the one that broke (after nearly 30 yrs?) and came complete with new bolts. In this instance I'll go with Merc. There's too much at stake.

How on earth did that diff bolt snap?:eek: They're massive...

Nice, cheers for that, Lemforder works for me !

The bolt snapped while I was trying to reverse up a steep incline in a car park on full lock....some nobber in a Bimmer parked across the only exit, and wouldn't move so I had to crawl past ....grrrrr
Don't know about massive, it's 12mm-ish? Not quite massive enough lol...conssidering the power going through and the weight of the car!

cheers!

Did you think about changing the diff oil seal at the same time?

I need to do mine at some point as wits got a small weep...

^^ My diff seal is OK. It's not a simple 'undo the bolt - replace the seal' procedure. The front nut on the diff is under pre-load and re-tightening it to the wrong loading will stress the pinion in the diff and could end up causing whine.

can any one tell me if the rear Propshaft coupling on a w126 is the same as the center coupling i did the center last year at the time the rear was fine but when it whent for its mot not that long ago the guy told me the rear may need doing at some point any idea's ?

The rear coupling on a 126 is very similar to the one shown above in post #1. Centre bearings/couplings are totally different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom