1991 300SL Like new

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice immaculate car with low mileage but £15K for a early 1991 R129 is steep...:crazy:

NICE uncomplicated old bus, good ol solvent paint job, but might be a bit underpwered for some. May also suffer from UNDER USE syndrome. leaky seals that have dried out perished rubber pipes rusty exhaust etc. I would be double checking the hood mechanism etc. No mention of a hard top??? AND did the earliest ones have vents in the front wings? COULD BE A GOOD BUY AT THE RIGHT PRICE.:bannana: :bannana:

EDIT:- SORRY think I got the vent thing wrong seems they had 3 vents on the wings originally but changed to 2 later.see http://www.kenrockwell.com/sl/r129history.htm

Last edited:
I would have thought £7.5 was nearer the mark......can't really see the point of the 3 litre though....seriously underpowered......don't imagine the petrol consumption would be that great either, a heavy car is a heavy car is a heavy car!!

To the right person, maybe. But anyone looking for a R129 in general will probably go elsewhere.

I don't know - a friends concours example went for £12k and that had much higher mileage (100k). If it's a genuine mint example with that low mileage then £13.5k seems about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom