1st Mercedes Need Tips tips on maintaining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As nobody has answered the question on servicing, it will be every 12 months or 15,500 miles - whichever comes first. As you expect to be doing a high mileage, it will probably be more than one a year, but how many will depend on the actual useage.

As a private hire vehicle, I’d imagine you would do lots of short journeys, so would at least do an oil change every 6000 or so.
As I’ve no driveway, I use the jet wash at my local shell garage. Pre wash then use the foam brush, I keep the brush a few inches away from the car and foam it up. Leave for a couple of mins then reform it and wash with my microfibre mitt. Rinse and towel dry. As for wax, I use Autoglym hd wax once a month, and de-tar and clay once every 2 months.
Autoglym leather cleaner and conditioner once a month.

As a private hire vehicle, I’d imagine you would do lots of short journeys, so would at least do an oil change every 6000 or so.
As I’ve no driveway, I use the jet wash at my local shell garage. Pre wash then use the foam brush, I keep the brush a few inches away from the car and foam it up. Leave for a couple of mins then reform it and wash with my microfibre mitt. Rinse and towel dry. As for wax, I use Autoglym hd wax once a month, and de-tar and clay once every 2 months.
Autoglym leather cleaner and conditioner once a month.
Thank you , sounds about right. I started using BP jet wash :) and dry it with Sonax, haven't started with waxing and polishing yet. When I was at Mercedes dealer, was told approximately 2 services per year. I think oil change every 6000 miles is too much. With my previous vehicle I was doing 40 000 miles per year or roughly 3600/4000 miles per month.

As nobody has answered the question on servicing, it will be every 12 months or 15,500 miles - whichever comes first. As you expect to be doing a high mileage, it will probably be more than one a year, but how many will depend on the actual useage.
if you do 35/40K thousand miles per year , two or tree services ?

Careful about using the brushes at service station washes,they're full of crap that'll scratch your paint. Buy a hand brush for about £3 and use that.
Also worth buying decent car shampoo also and keep a bucket with that and your brush in the car.

Treat it with some Sonax detail spray too as this will make it easier to wash.

For leather,the Lord Sheraton cream and polish work well as does the DoDo Juice supernatural.

Before I use the brush to squirt the car with foam, I always use the last 20 seconds of the pre rinse to blast any bits of gravel and dirt off the brush. I hover it a few inches off the car and just foam it.

Get the car ceramic coated.

Unlikely to be a leather interior, which is good news if using as a private hire. Sometimes just a part of the seat cover will be leather which smells nice, the rest will be Artico.

Check the VIN , the build list will say what seat covering has been used.

Do 'in between service' oil changes with a cheap suction unit on your drive , you won't get every drop of oil out but an oil and filter change will take you 30 minutes.

have you heard of ceramic coating synthetic wax? was told today a mobile man with a van can do it for you, seems good

Get the car ceramic coated.

Unlikely to be a leather interior, which is good news if using as a private hire. Sometimes just a part of the seat cover will be leather which smells nice, the rest will be Artico.

Check the VIN , the build list will say what seat covering has been used.

Do 'in between service' oil changes with a cheap suction unit on your drive , you won't get every drop of oil out but an oil and filter change will take you 30 minutes.
just notice your post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom