3 or 6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
that's the bit I am looking for, but in crome if there is such a thing

:mad: gets worse, just for a change it rained today, the car was parked, but when I drove it after it stopped raining it started to leak from the interior light console by the mirror :mad: ..It never did that before, I am away for the next week or so and the car lives outside, so I will somehow have to get it back to the body shop or come back to a car half full of water :eek:
I am definitely not a happy bunny

Ok, my claim has been approved. :bannana:

Mercedes will pay for a replacement bootlid, 'derust' and respray front wings & drivers door, all at no cost to myself.
I have had a quote for £370 to have the bonnet resprayed (stone chips) and a small pdr job done on the o/s/r door, so I am pleased with that.

A result methinks! :)

"Derust"? Sorry, but I'd insist on complete new panels (in fact, I didn't have to insist - they just volunteered 4 doors and a wing). It's being done as I type and I await the results nervously. I'm sure the work will be of a high standard (the tailgate replacement was). I just reckon some of the door furniture will rattle and creak now.

Do the new shape S Class rust?
I might upgrade..love the shape.

Does the S Class fit into the UK garage?

Well, I picked up my W210 yesterday after tooling around in an A Class for a week and a bit.

What a difference! The new boot lid looks fine and the new front wing great. I'm delighted with the quality of work. I also asked them to respray the front bumper / grille under it and that looks fantastic. I paid extra for the bumper - £150 well spent.

There was slight delay because when the paintwork was inspected the chap didn't like the finish on the boot so made them knock it back and respray it.

Gripes? Well, only one. The lacquer on both my mirrors is a mess so I asked Mr MB Bodyshop about it yesterday. About £60 per mirror to spray, its dear because its sprayed to MB paint thickness and finish etc. He then said "Actually we noticed those, I was going to call you about them as we could have done them at half price" Grrrr. Oh well.

Nice shiny car now resplendent in 0744. One owner with faith restored in the marque.

Alloy refurb next....I'll post before and after photos of the bodywork if anyones interested.

Cheers,
Greg

GregE240 said:
Gripes? Well, only one. The lacquer on both my mirrors is a mess so I asked Mr MB Bodyshop about it yesterday. About £60 per mirror to spray, its dear because its sprayed to MB paint thickness and finish etc. He then said "Actually we noticed those, I was going to call you about them as we could have done them at half price" Grrrr. Oh well.
Greg

They messed up your lacquer and wanted money for it?

i think they were a mess anyway!

Id just get a local bodyshop to do those, its really not v difficult, esp if you take the casing off and give it to them..

Jay

jaymanek said:
i think they were a mess anyway!

Id just get a local bodyshop to do those, its really not v difficult, esp if you take the casing off and give it to them..

Jay
You're right Jay, they were a mess anyway.

I'd have loved a phone call saying "We noticed your mirrors...." then I'd have got them done.

Oh well.

A small update............

picked up my car on Friday.
The whole car had been resprayed apart from the roof, mirrors and bumpers, and a new bootlid fitted.
(I had paid £370 for them to respray the bonnet, and take a parking ding out of the osr door)
The quality of work is excellent, with only a couple of very minor gripes.

So, the challenge now is for anyone with an older car, or higher mileage, to get their car sorted :)

(Jan 1997, 128000 miles)

One very :D owner!

Another update,

I approached the dealer 2 times and MB UK and they won't cover surface rust underneath the vehicle, also MB UK only give a 'yes' or a 'no' response to warranty claims.

Rust Underneath

uumode Another update,

I approached the dealer 2 times and MB UK and they won't cover surface rust underneath the vehicle, also MB UK only give a 'yes' or a 'no' response to warranty claims .

Same response for my 1998 E300TD estate through dealer, through separate MB-approved body shop and direct from MB UK. So MB are happy to do 4 new doors, new tailgate, all new seals, a respray (apart from the roof), and happy to ignore loads of rust along edges underneath, no reasons given.

I went into my local indipendant garage today asking about servicing costs on a w210 E class as I was thinking of buying one soon.He told me to look at the R reg E class outside and then decide as I might want to think again.On inspection the front passenger side suspension had collasped due to the spring cup snapping off :shock: :shock: whilst been driven about. He then told me that this was his second car this year with that problem.

pluggers said:
I went into my local indipendant garage today asking about servicing costs on a w210 E class as I was thinking of buying one soon.He told me to look at the R reg E class outside and then decide as I might want to think again.On inspection the front passenger side suspension had collasped due to the spring cup snapping off :shock: :shock: whilst been driven about. He then told me that this was his second car this year with that problem.

This is a known problem area, not common but as cars become older it will be more common.
I rustproofed my car after my first corrosion claim and underneath is as good as new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom