911 run in.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Managed to get behind a 13 or 63 plate white 911 today on a nice long empty dual carriageway in the country.

Not sure which model but I had no problems keeping up all the way to 70mph exactly, honest guv, 3 times in a row for about a minute at a time.

It turned off in the end but I am suitably impressed with what the old girl can manage - even round a 'straight over' dual carriageway roundabout.

If it wasnt a turbo its not suprising, you will have loads more torque and power, My Volvo 850 t5 could easly keep with carrera 4s. (im presuming you have a e55 btw) ;)

I guess the 55's torque nicely compensates for its weight disadvantage in a straight line, especially once under way. Would be inclined to say the 55 would triumph at even higher speeds, limiter permitting

EDIT: as above post

Nice, you just can't get bored of upsetting people in 911 especially when they look at you smugly when the pull alongside. Then a minute later they just stare straight ahead after being destroyed by the 4 seat family car......priceless

Nice, you just can't get bored of upsetting people in 911 especially when they look at you smugly when the pull alongside. Then a minute later they just stare straight ahead after being destroyed by the 4 seat family car......priceless

Yeah, but you're "4 seat family car" is an utter monster in disguise, and it looks standard on the outside, what a shock they must get. :thumb:

Yeah, but you're "4 seat family car" is an utter monster in disguise, and it looks standard on the outside, what a shock they must get. :thumb:

Ha ha and when i get asked "what you done to that" I always say its just a stock 457BHP......and watch the tears roll down there cheeks :D

You have to remember that a standard Carrera, even the latest 991, 'only' has 350hp, albeit a bit lighter.

Have to admit though, having driven one, i would take a latest gen 911 over most cars. Wonderful Car!!

if it's 13/63, it will be a 991 911.

driven enthusiastically, it will leave your E55 for dead in the twisties.

A Turbo will do the same in straight lines.

if it's 13/63, it will be a 991 911.

driven enthusiastically, it will leave your E55 for dead in the twisties.

A Turbo will do the same in straight lines.

Would that still be the case with the limiter removed?

Tony.

a 911 Turbo is not something you mess with as it will leave most cars for dead. Not even talking about a Turbo S.

a none Turbo 911 shouldn't be much of an issue for an E55K.

911s are 1/2 ton lighter than our 55s. I never knew that until I had a similar encounter with a 14 plate Carrera S. I had to go online and look up the specs as I had to know what I've just annihilated.

He was trying miserably not to lose but he did. Nice guy though, did it with a smile and thumbs up.

so not stock CL55 .. which a stock C2S would annihilate!

We can only assume that both cars are standard, but does it matter. Stock, no stock - everything goes on the street and a win is always a win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom