Airbag seat sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLK55

Car
CLK55 W209
Hi all,
This is my first post. Recently converted from a happy Audi boy to a CLK55 (W209) owner - good switch so far but the expense is already killing me!

I have a few questions if i may:
1/ Anyone know of some good merc parts (new or used) websites or distributors (i'm in SW London)?
2/ The airbag pressure sensor in the passenger seat cushion has fried - any idea of alternatives to paying the 700quid part and labour cost to replace?
3/ Any other tips/advice/comments on my new toy would be appreciated...

Cheers,

Lucas

Hi Lucus

I had " Strip out and remove N/S front seat. Remove seat covers....Fit new air bag sensor. Rebuild and refit.

Labour 150 plus VAT 176.25
N/S/F seat squib 155 plus VAT 182.13
total price including VAT 358.38

I suggest you shop around. I am quite happy to give you the garage details if you contact me.

Regards.... work done 22/10/10. so recent.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark (i presume),
Just to give you some comparison with the other end of the spectrum (and country) - i've just been told by Mercedes Chelsea (arguably THE most expensive around) that i need to replace both the seat pressure sensor and because the heating element is sewn into the leather cover, the whole cover needs to be replaced.

Costs:
Labour = £300
Pressure Plate = £350
Cover = £400

Inc. the new and improved VAT ~ £1,150 (about 10% of the cost of the whole car!)

So any other suggestions on how to get around this would be welcomed as this is just silly money just to keep my g/f's bum warm...

L.

The seat heating element is sewn into the leather but that's not the problem, you only need to replace the airbag pressure sensor which is altogether seperate from the heating.
There's not any on the driver side only heating, strip the seat yourself and change the airbag sensor or go with the price thats already been given

That is a disgusting price from Mercedes Chelsea and they should be ashamed !! Your paying for their location and not the service.

I am sure someone from here will be able to help and save a you fortune on your quoted price.

As Ramit states, the sensor and seat cover are seperate, so only the sensor would need changing.

Regards Mark.

A garage in Woburn repaired mine, so not too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom