Alps E55K AMG mods so far....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Me too, I'm really hoping to see other modded Merc's their!!

would love to make this but my little one her xmas ballet show that afternoon and id be in big trouble if i didnt make it back on time....

He'd be better off spending the money on facelift wing mirrors IMO

are the facelift headlight 'slats' available via partnumbers?

Thanks Gurpz, but not at that price, also the facelift light clusters are not a straight replacement, you cannot get the levelling and curve lights. You can pull apart the clusters and replace the reflectors to get the facelift look, but dont personally think its worth it.

Karl, i really dont like the facelift mirrors, they look puney compared to the prefacelift ones.

i think ive got the best of both pre and post facelift now, the next step will prob be the HID Fog lights :) but not until the weather warms up.

Thanks Gurpz, but not at that price, also the facelift light clusters are not a straight replacement, you cannot get the levelling and curve lights. You can pull apart the clusters and replace the reflectors to get the facelift look, but dont personally think its worth it.

If the reflectors are seperatable, surely as Karl suggests you should be able to buy the facelift reflectors on their own ?

hey gurpz, you cannot buy them seperately, you basically have to buy a light unit then carefully take off the glass which is sealed before you have access to the reflector... bummer that you have to spoil a whole light unit!

nice mods, would be interested to know what sound system upgrades you have in mind.

hey gurpz, you cannot buy them seperately, you basically have to buy a light unit then carefully take off the glass which is sealed before you have access to the reflector... bummer that you have to spoil a whole light unit!

Damm would have been nice if facelift ones were plug and play you would have got the oem xenon sidelight look too :p

HID fogs Alps? No!!

lol, ive seen them in and they are pretty good mate, the fogs on the e63 bumper are directed down so will not blind anyone. anyhow after buying winter tyres im officially cash strapped :(

lol, ive seen them in and they are pretty good mate, the fogs on the e63 bumper are directed down so will not blind anyone. anyhow after buying winter tyres im officially cash strapped :(
They might look good in a photoshoot but if it's actually foggy they'll be useless (HID is awful in fog due to the colour temperature) and if a stone is kicked up through the foglamp there will be tears I assure you!

uhmm, didnt think of that angle!

thanks , might reconsider, even the phillips ultra blue are not very good, may put the standard bulbs back in which were good!

plenty of other mods :)

They might look good in a photoshoot but if it's actually foggy they'll be useless (HID is awful in fog due to the colour temperature) and if a stone is kicked up through the foglamp there will be tears I assure you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom