Ambient Lightning, yeh or nay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does ambient lightning require a big Van de Graaff generator in the boot?

I though Van de Graaff was a Dutch sportsman! :D
No, he was an American scientist who in later life founded a progressive rock band in Manchester... :D

I really like the Ambient Lightning that you get on modern Mercs.
I would love it in my C207, but don't want it to look naff, it has to look O.E. I've found a firm in Huddersfield called Vanquish Customs who say they can fit it and it will look,
Factory fitted, the price is £360 +VAT that might sound expensive but, I'd pay that if it genuinely look O.E. :)
Thoughts?
Love it!

Remember aftermarket mods are pretty much worthless when you come to sell a car.
That doesn't bother me one bit, Rory, never has. :) 👍

It looks good, but I assume it all goes out when you move off? If it's like that on the move at night, you're compromising your night vision.

It looks good, but I assume it all goes out when you move off? If it's like that on the move at night, you're compromising your night vision.
Nope, it's on all the time, and those that have got it, say it doesn't effect there driving at all, and at night especially it looks fantastic. :) 👍

Nope, it's on all the time, and those that have got it, say it doesn't effect there driving at all, and at night especially it looks fantastic. :) 👍
It certainly looks good, but I'd not have it on at night; I don't like driving at night with lights on in the car, and it would certainly affect my night vision.

It certainly looks good, but I'd not have it on at night; I don't like driving at night with lights on in the car, and it would certainly affect my night vision.
To be fair my pics are misleading. It is not that bright in the cabin, the interior lights were actually on! The ambient lighting is very very subdued, it is literally the blue coloured strip you can see.

Does anyone alter the ambient light settings? (other than the day you pick the car up and show it to your kids)

Does anyone alter the ambient light settings? (other than the day you pick the car up and show it to your kids)
I don’t! I set it to the colour which most closely resembles the colour of the other instruments and leave it.

Actually that’s not quite true. On very long trips I’ve been known to change the colour to see how long it takes for my family to notice! Simple things, simple minds....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom