• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

AMG Bonnet Badge

As most have said the stra is different yet with a little pressure with a plastic trim removal tool it popped into the hole. Didn't want to use anything metal or with a sharp (ish) edge in case it split the rubber.

PXL_20230820_160054208.jpg

PXL_20230820_160047763.jpg

Fitted the bonnet badge today. Although it's for the W212 confirmed by listers mercedes I have to say the fit is not great. The original is shaped to follow the contour of the bonnet. This new one is flat so if you look straight on it looks fine however at a slight angle it's raised at the sides.

PXL_20230820_160058354.jpg

View attachment 145325

View attachment 145326

Fitted the bonnet badge today. Although it's for the W212 confirmed by listers mercedes I have to say the fit is not great. The original is shaped to follow the contour of the bonnet. This new one is flat so if you look straight on it looks fine however at a slight angle it's raised at the sides.

View attachment 145327

It has rubber around the edges and seals tight so no gaps for water ingress. The flatness of the emblem is not really intended for this model but it's fine and seals. Looks much better than before, you'll admire it for a good few weeks 😀 😉

Wow that is a lot of badges lol. I have a '23 C43 and the emblem is in the front facia/bumper and not the hood. Could you advise which one of these I would need?

IMG_2534.jpg

For anyone that's curious, I got in touch with a Youtuber named Chesttechner who was kind enough to make a video for replacing the emblem. Go show him some support and share his video if it helps you or someone you know. Also he does a lot of videos on Mercedes so I'm sure he can help with some issue lol (also given that fact I'm sure he's been mentioned on here before as well).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I popped into Mercedes Newcastle earlier this week and noticed the Affalterbach crest on the front of an A35. The sales rep informed me Mercedes are now putting these bonnet/front apron badges on all new AMGs.

So I thought I'd have a little look around the world wide web and a quick search produced this being sold at Western Mercedes here in UK:

Affalterbach crest bonnet badge A0008170708

Quite fancy that for my R231 (which it fits), how is it secured? from the top or bottom
Cannot see how I would get my hand up underneath it without taking the whole front apron off

kc

I don't speak German, but from this YouTube video you can see there are 2 methods, the first is a bit slapdash (1:10), the second is the most preferable and quite a lot more professional (3:10). It looks like the 2 poles have parts that sit proud and will clip under the bodywork to hold it in place, you can see them at 2:18 of the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Basically, remove the front star, reach in and locate the backside of the badge. Push the 2 poles of the badge.

Last edited:
Quite fancy that for my R231 (which it fits), how is it secured? from the top or bottom
Cannot see how I would get my hand up underneath it without taking the whole front apron off

kc
Trim removal tool, just work round the edges lifting slightly then move further round lift slightly and so in until it's off. Just press to replace.

simply pry carefully and push in the new one....

I can confirm it was easy to remove the original badge from the top by carefully lifting with plastic trim tools, then it pulled off pretty easy after that. As above, simply push the new badge in place and you'll hear the barbs click as the badge seats.

KdAni8gm.jpg

suL4fxll.jpg

EppA62xl.jpg

Some great info for would-be bonnet badge thief's right there!!!

Haha, let's shut YouTube down then. You don't half speak B***llocks don't you?
LOL....thank you for your kind words.:)
To be fair, any scrote looking to nick a bonnet badge is more likely to look at a youtube video rather than joining a forum to get instructions. Not that the little sh1ts need any instruction when it comes to thieving.

I can confirm it was easy to remove the original badge from the top by carefully lifting with plastic trim tools, then it pulled off pretty easy after that. As above, simply push the new badge in place and you'll hear the barbs click as the badge seats.

KdAni8gm.jpg

suL4fxll.jpg

EppA62xl.jpg
Nice simple, easy mod, looks great! 🙂👍

I fitted mine as well yesterday. Although I did think the overall quality of the AMG badge was not as high as the original Mercedes badge on the car

IMG_8001-X4.jpg

IMG_8003-X4.jpg

kc

Just seen the price of the AMG filler cap///////////////////// :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: Lot of money for something that is only seen when fueling up:doh: I thought the genuine door pins were mad money, I was lucky to get a pair of genuine ones at half price:doh:

To be fair, any scrote looking to nick a bonnet badge is more likely to look at a youtube video rather than joining a forum to get instructions. Not that the little sh1ts need any instruction when it comes to thieving.
Exactly my thoughts, hence my reply to the ridiculous statement.

Just seen the price of the AMG filler cap///////////////////// :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: Lot of money for something that is only seen when fueling up:doh: I thought the genuine door pins were mad money, I was lucky to get a pair of genuine ones at half price:doh:
I know what you mean but I figured that after the steering wheel and gearshift the item I was going to be seeing and touching the most was the filler cap... I needed a new one anyway so I figured I might as well have the nice one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom