• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

AMG Bonnet Badge

How do you attach the other end of the tether to the car? Does it just push into place?
loops over a little lug on the car

Mine arrived today, although not until I had to pay almost 50 quid in Customs charges and VAT :mad:

badge.jpg

cap.jpg

The filler cap tether appears to locate in the hole on the inside of the main fuel flap arm, visible to the right of the above photo. Tried to shove it in with a screwdriver but no joy. Wonder if heating it a little bit to soften it would work. Failing that will try some Fairy Liquid...

Looks amazing, now admire the emblem. Well worth the custom excise. You'll be admiring it every day, it starts off first thing in the morning, then calms down after a several weeks. Fairy Liquid or Vasaline should work.

We're not part of the block anymore, voted out so that what we chose, falling for Boris and his bus 😁

Looks amazing, now admire the emblem. Well worth the custom excise. You'll be admiring it every day, it starts off first thing in the morning, then calms down after a several weeks. Fairy Liquid or Vasaline should work.

We're not part of the block anymore, voted out so that what we chose, falling for Boris and his bus 😁
Wasn’t it Nige driving that particular bus?

Oh yes, that is value to the tune of 160 and not pieces. We're no longer part of EU, so they charge us a minimum whereas for everyone else in the EU, they can order with no minimum value. If you do buy a spare metal filler cap, I'll buy the spare off from you if you like, can send you the funds too in advance if it helps 🙂
I did a similar thing because I wanted the AMG fuel cap. I made the purchase up to €160. When the parcel arrived I had to pay import duty, VAT and a admin fee to UPS as well.

Managed to get hold of mine, had to jump through hoops. Will need to see if it fits 🙂
View attachment 140336
Does anyone know if this will fit an S211 E55K please?

Doesn't say that it does in the list of compatible models but not sure if the fitment or sizing's are different.

Does anyone know if this will fit an S211 E55K please?

Doesn't say that it does in the list of compatible models but not sure if the fitment or sizing's are different.
Don't want to put my hand on heart but i think there is a good possibility it may fit? I took some photos of the bonnet hole on my w212 prior to installation to show the shape and also the reverse side of the emblem. If you can remove the mascot and compare the hole to the photo, it should give a little indication 👍20230503_143459.jpg20230503_143448.jpg20230503_142438.jpg20230503_143336.jpg

Don't want to put my hand on heart but i think there is a good possibility it may fit? I took some photos of the bonnet hole on my w212 prior to installation to show the shape and also the reverse side of the emblem. If you can remove the mascot and compare the hole to the photo, it should give a little indication 👍View attachment 142237View attachment 142238View attachment 142239View attachment 142240
Great, thanks.

Yes, looks like the original standard twist off style fitting so I expect this could work OK.

Installed mine today, very chuffed. Found out that it also fits my S211, which is pretty neat 😀 Available from MB dealership, superceded part number provided in the photo below for anyone tempted 👍20230623_174526.jpg20230623_174632.jpg20230623_174617.jpg20230623_171924.jpg20230623_203517.jpg20230623_203539.jpg

Installed mine today, very chuffed. Found out that it also fits my S211, which is pretty neat 😀 Available from MB dealership, superceded part number provided in the photo below for anyone tempted 👍View attachment 142656View attachment 142657View attachment 142658View attachment 142659View attachment 142660View attachment 142661
This was for the W212 Badgx? The rubber that holds the filler cap has broken on mine so it needs to be replaced....... May as well upgrade it at the same time.... Be rude not to right?

This was for the W212 Badgx? The rubber that holds the filler cap has broken on mine so it needs to be replaced....... May as well upgrade it at the same time.... Be rude not to right?
That's correct mate, W212 👍

That's correct mate, W212 👍
Nice one, checked the part number on Google and it linked to a ebay sale from listers mercedes. £124, "last one in stock" so bought it. No postage or import duties 👍 just paid out for a set of PS4S's and said I wasn't going to spend any more money on it this month....... Oh well

I'm just heading out to get 019 battery for the S211, it's showing 11.7 volts but the shed still fires up like it doesn't want to die 🙂

Lucky the spend stops as I can't find the Affalterbach bonnet emblem in the UK and not ordering €160's worth plus import tax lol

Lucky the spend stops as I can't find the Affalterbach bonnet emblem in the UK and not ordering €160's worth plus import tax lol
If you know anyone in Ireland or France, could have them buy it for you and then parcel it over, it would only be a small packet. Just a thought? 💁‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom