Another MSL endorsement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, I am going to be the troll / mood hoover / kill joy and accept the consequences of it.

Was driving from Suffolk to Birmingham for a remap "Essential travel" during a national lockdown / world pandemic?
Very good question, beat me to it.

Indeed - as much as I hear good things about MSL (such as the great customer service highlighted in this thread), one of the things that's slightly irked me is that they have continued to remap vehicles all throughout all lockdowns... posting on their social media etc.

As I'm stuck unable to see friends and family, nor can I work - I can't help think 'does this golf R owner really need to make 400bhp right now, and do they really need to be posting it if so?

I try not to make snap judgements because companies have employees and they all need to survive and need to make a living, but they're not even pretending to take it seriously (via social media)

I'm glad the OP has clarified that he did think about it and that risk was minimised!

Congrats on the remap anyway, your car looks fab and over 1000nm is mental!

Many business owners have continued working as we all still have bills to pay. Not everyone has received help financially from the government. Their business is also considered essential as they also do maintenance and repair and yes a remap isn't essential, however, I guess we all need to make decisions for ourselves. I want to get parts of my car wrapped but told the company I will wait until lockdown is over. Others wouldn't have and thats up to them

OT, but as it has previously been mentioned.
The rationale behind the 'essential journey' restriction is not only the obvious need to mitigate the potential spread of the virus, but also to try to reduce the pressure on already stretched emergency services and the NHS in the event that someone has a serious RTA whilst travelling 80 miles to go to the beach (which was an actual example cited in my area this week)
As you were .... and BTW nice car OP. Stay safe everyone.

Still yet to fully test the diff (drive home was busy and very wet). Took for a spin today and impressed with how it puts down the power even though it was slightly damp. Will obviously still spin up to 4th gear if you are too silly with throttle.
I had a Quaife diff fitted to my last W212 E63 without any other work being done at the same time, so pre / post comparison was not diluted by a "was it this or that that caused the difference" question.

What I noticed fairly quickly was that the car was actually quicker accelerating even in a straight line in dry conditions. I put this down to the traction control silently intervening to minimise wheelspin on the open diff, and the rate of rear brake pad wear on that car tended to support that diagnosis.

Have fun 👍

I had the Quaife fitted to the CL55 and the CL63 :) Best mod you can have, just makes the car so much more planted :thumb:

Nuff about the bhp. That torque is mad. 1060Nm. My CLS55 remap gave me 770Nm and it's almost imposible to use except in perfect conditions.
It depends what tyres you are using... I have Michelin Pilot Supersport 18s on my CLS55 (LSD), with 530hp and 810nm. I can put 100% power down in the dry eventually and 90% in the wet - full pedal to the metal... That said I couldn’t get out of my driveway at 2mph in the snow last week...!

I had a Quaife diff fitted to my last W212 E63 without any other work being done at the same time, so pre / post comparison was not diluted by a "was it this or that that caused the difference" question.

What I noticed fairly quickly was that the car was actually quicker accelerating even in a straight line in dry conditions. I put this down to the traction control silently intervening to minimise wheelspin on the open diff, and the rate of rear brake pad wear on that car tended to support that diagnosis.

Have fun 👍
Can you get a Quaife diff for a W205 C63??

I had a look yesterday and can only see them for the W204??
They are available (see here) but the point @Skd884 was making is that the W205 C63 has a mechanical locking diff as standard fitment, hence the "do you need two diffs" question.

They are available (see here) but the point @Skd884 was making is that the W205 C63 has a mechanical locking diff as standard fitment, hence the "do you need two diffs" question.
Ah, I understand now - I think. Wouldn't the Quaife take the place of the existing diff though???

What would be the point in that?
It's like taking a tyre off to put a tyre on makes no sence🙄

That's what I thought...

But then there are tyres and tyres....

I've got a quafe on my c63 with continentals no issues

Your E63 is pushing big power, that is quite the big leap over regular Stage 1

My CL has been at MSL the last few weeks, having some map tweaks - maybe you saw it?

Have fun 👍
Have now used the car a couple of times in dry conditions and actually pretty impressed with what it can now do, even noticeable in a straight line. Even with the massive torque increase it goes with very little slip even in low gears on hard throttle. Like C43AMG says, much more planted.

Your E63 is pushing big power, that is quite the big leap over regular Stage 1

My CL has been at MSL the last few weeks, having some map tweaks - maybe you saw it?
I did see a CL there, in fact it could have been yours on the dyno I saw? Sounded savage! What mods have you got?

I did see a CL there, in fact it could have been yours on the dyno I saw? Sounded savage! What mods have you got?
Probably was mine, it has AMG turbos, downpipe and bigger fuel pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom