• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Another newbie - C63 AMG Coupe

I have an unbranded one too just like the one you have, its exactly the same. You'll know its gooden as the tool and pins will only fit one way when you install it.

I'll post up the reverse side too, can mark up AUS and EIN with a marker 🙂👍

Cheers, the unbranded one is around half the cost of the Toolhub one and it's something I'll hopefully only use once (famous last words). Also I'm Scottish so I'm as tight as two coats of paint :)

Cheers, the unbranded one is around half the cost of the Toolhub one and it's something I'll hopefully only use once (famous last words). Also I'm Scottish so I'm as tight as two coats of paint :)

That made me chuckle friend 😄

But I think we Indians are just as tight. Russell will explain 😀

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice to see someone else willing to get their hands dirty with these. @badgx is that a catch can you have added in the pics you posted with the cleaned up intake?

Nice to see someone else willing to get their hands dirty with these. @badgx is that a catch can you have added in the pics you posted with the cleaned up intake?

That is indeed but I am currently looking for a larger one designed to handle up to turbocharged applications. The intake suction from the manifold on the M156 is very strong even in its stock form. The suction can actually draw up captured oil at high revs. Big lungs, need bigger catch can with internal baffle plates and swarf, similar size to Weistec ones. The small ones are just not fit for large displacement engines, hence currently looking at other ones from 63motorsport. Space around the engine bay is also restricted, so limited to what's out there 🙂

Very limited space. On the C63, Weistec utilise a bracket using the front slam panel, their catch cans mount via this bracket on the left 👍
20220918_141608.jpg
20220918_142110.jpg20220918_141622.jpg20220918_141549.jpgsl

Nice looking job youve done there. I just checked, 700 US plus shipping plus potential import duty is ridiculous for a catch can. Typical Weistec!! I can see why you havent gone that route!

So this engine doesn't have an oil-air separator as standard then?

Not from factory, I think it's same with most road cars. Having a catch can is good though, it will help keep the engine internals cleaner but there is a risk. If its not drained say between service intervals or when it needs emptying, the sludge can be ingested into the engine if its allowed to fill up. It's more of an aftermarket mod and having one will likely to void any factory warranty too.

The sludge is also disgusting, looks like diarrhoea and the blow by product stinks too 🤮

Tasos is back in action 😁👍

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Milestone reached yesterday:

1698836258747.png

Just realised that the car turned ten years old in September too.

I managed to kerb an alloy yesterday, gutted. Was feeling annoyed with myself, then I drove past a Polo with it's front nearside smashed up and remembered it could have been worse :) The car is going for detailing and ceramic coating next week, I mentioned to the detailer and he said he could get the wheels done while it's with him. I was going to get them done in the same silver that the OE ones were when I bought it, just not until next year probably but I've said to go ahead and just do it. By the end of next week it should be looking spot on.

As well as the cam adjuster rebuild kit I have waiting for that job, I've ordered a set of new injectors as I have no evidence that they've been done already so doing that for peace of mind. Think the rear brakes could do with new discs and pads so will get on that in due course also. Still tempted to get and install an Android Auto/CarPlay module but I think I've spent enough on the car for one month :oops:

Congratulations friend, 🙌🙌🥳🥳👍No doubt car is in excellent hands and being cared for and well looked aftered. Excellent timing for changing the injectors too, its a simple job and doddle to do. 🙂

Cheers bud - just keen to square away the main, serious common issues and get on with enjoying the car. Not that I have any intention of replacing the car in the foreseeable future but when the time does eventually come I want to be able to tell a prospective buyer that these things have been sorted.

Collected the car from the detailer this evening. Full paint correction and two-stage ceramic coating. Wheels were refurbished in metallic silver and also ceramic coated. Very happy indeed with the result, when I walked into the studio it was like looking at a brand new car! Bodywork feels like wet glass to the touch.

0004.jpg

0006.jpg

0001.jpg

0005.jpg

0002.jpg

0009.jpg

0012.jpg

0011.jpg

0013.jpg

Collected the car from the detailer this evening. Full paint correction and two-stage ceramic coating. Wheels were refurbished in metallic silver and also ceramic coated. Very happy indeed with the result, when I walked into the studio it was like looking at a brand new car! Bodywork feels like wet glass to the touch.

View attachment 149265

View attachment 149270

View attachment 149267

View attachment 149269

View attachment 149268

View attachment 149271

View attachment 149273

View attachment 149272

View attachment 149274
Wowzers, that turned out well. :cool:

View attachment 149265

View attachment 149270

View attachment 149267

View attachment 149269

View attachment 149268

View attachment 149271

View attachment 149273

View attachment 149272

View attachment 149274
WOW! Lovely motor! 😎🙂👍

That looks absolutely brilliant. Ever since I bought my C63 I have been agonising over whether to have the wheels painted from black to silver - your photos have just about made that decision for me, so my wife won't be thanking you:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom